• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

help removing glue from an fx arctic kit....

Tyloooor

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
I bought a sled with an fx arctic graphic, that i wasn't a huge fan of. So, I decided to take it of. It came off super easy, but the glue is still all over my sled. And let me tell you, the stuff they use, is almost impossible to get off. Anyone ever remove one of these kits? I heard of rapid remover.....does it work really well??? any suggestions would be greatly appreciated....happy holidays to everyone.....thanks again

Tyloooor said:
Methyl hydrate won't eat the paint???

ya tried WD40....no go

Did you paint your panels?? There not painted so you shouldn't need to worry about that but the colored plastic might fade or discolor???? Not sure on that one. Maybe try to heat the glue up some too

It's almost pure alcohol, it won't hurt the paint at all. Just make sure you use a clean soft rag. Anytime there's glue residue on anything this stuff works. I used to detail cars/transport trucks and used this to remove the glue after the truck changed companies and had to be re-lettered.

Methyl Hydrate is the main ingredient in gas line anti-freeze, does a great job of de-greasing and removing moisture but not sure if it will disolve the adhesive. When you find the right solvent heat will help too but be careful and try small areas first.

Goo Gone did nothing for the glue left from the stock graphics on my XP.
WD-40 will take adhesive off but it also rubbed it into the plastic and faded it.
I'd suggest buying some actual adhesive stripper from a graphic shop.

Use 99% isopropyl alcohol. Put it in a spray bottle and use a rag that wont break down. Old socks work great. Change spots on the rag often because the fibres fill with adhesive pretty fast. It is usually kept behind the counter at pharmacy's so you'll have to ask for it. I guess it's used for more than removing stickers lol. I used this to remove the adhesive that holds the foam on to my side panels and it worked like a charm, took a lot of elbow grease though. Isopropyl won't wreck anything either.

toyota4runner said:
Use 99% isopropyl alcohol. Put it in a spray bottle and use a rag that wont break down. Old socks work great. Change spots on the rag often because the fibres fill with adhesive pretty fast. It is usually kept behind the counter at pharmacy's so you'll have to ask for it. I guess it's used for more than removing stickers lol.

It sure is ;)!

Back