• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Help, warrior won't let rpms get over 3500,

Let it Ride

Veteran
tried to move my warrior into the garage, warmed it up, and when I tried to move her, she stutters out right before engagement.????????
going to check the plugs now

It's the cutoff of the T.O.R.S

This is arrived to me one time, it's was the throttle lever that wasnt sliding into position. Check if your Throttle Lever goes fully back in the small slut.

It's all i know, except that i'm pretty sure that is the T.O.R.S, it's cut under 3600.

Hope you find out soon

I agree, it is the T.O.R.S. I believe it stands for throttle over ride system. There should be two wires going to the carbs. There will be two bullet type quick disconnect plugs close to the carbs. Disconnect the wires and loop them together. I did this on my SRX when I bought it. I havent gotten around to doing it on the warrior yet. Last trip, my buddy with a vmax 600 had the same problem as you. The guys all scratched there heads (a good half hour) and were clueless, I walked up poped the hood, looped the TORS and got on his sled and took off. They thought I was God. I am not sure what causes the TORS system to go awry but I believe it is a moisture issue with the sensor. I am sure someone here can answer this better.

TORS

If the throttle cable is out of whack, it will trigger the tors, especially when you turn the handlebars causing more tension on the cable. This can happen if the cable is not routed properly. Too much tension causes the engine to overrev at low throttle position and trigger the tors to prevent the overrev.

appreciate the responses. It seemed to fix itself. After posting this I went outside and tried it again and magic. I will definately keep the tors in mind as it very well could have been a mositure issue as it has gone from 10 below to a damp 37 degrees here today. thanks again!

Same thing happen to my 03 RX-1 this morning over north of Seney. Left it out all night with no cover (I rode it over and no room in backpack). Spitting and sputtering over 3000 but no go. Checked all 4 plugs. No fouled. Then one of the Yamaha riders noticed a little piece of ice on the handle bars right inside the throttle. Cleaned ice out, problem gone. Unbelieveable because it was such a small piece of ice. :cry:

couldn have been my issue. i too left mine outside for the first time last night and we got about an inch of snow then it warmed up during the day. fixed itself

If you want to keep your TORS hooked up, you can likely fix the problem by putting a little more slack into your throttle cable. The throttle lever needs to be able to move about 1/16" and depress a small pin in the throttle housing before the butterflys move, or you will engage the TORS. If the cable is to tight, this can't happen.

Back