• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Help with 09 Nytro

T T Bone

Extreme
Been awhile and I am not a happy Yamaha Nytro Owner at the moment. Sled as been dormant pretty much two years now. 09 FX no power and very bad corrosion all over under all that insulation and plastic to my surprise?? I bought a new battery and no power still. I have checked fuses and very short time chasing electrical tonight. Any help will be appreciated. Thank You :o|

Sounds like any sled would be dead when cared for like this...please post pictures and more details of the specific issues. Is it cranking? Have you read the faq section yet? Do you have spark? Do you have fuel? Have you jumped the starter relay?

MNBlizzard said:
Sounds like any sled would be dead when cared for like this...please post pictures and more details of the specific issues. Is it cranking? Have you read the faq section yet? Do you have spark? Do you have fuel? Have you jumped the starter relay?

The sled has no power with key on. The corrosion I am not sure why?? sprayed the motor and electrical system before storing in garage. I cannot help it that the snow has not fell in my area since 2010.. I guess I will take it back to the dealer I bought it from. Sucks they are 3 hrs away..
Well i found the corrosion monster at the ign switch plug end all corroded. It starts but of course gets hot and the ck engine light flashes at you because its to warm!!

Well you can't let it sit there and run for that long any sled will get hot.....what kind of trailer do you use a open trailer....all that could be from the salt.....if any sled is on a open trailer you should wash it off after you get where you are going and when you get home....

So now ......I would wash the sled ( power wash ) and pull all the panels off pull all ele plugs apart clean plus the relays and grease start there first ;)!

Pull all your relays and connections. Clean them and re di-grease them, that will solve hopefully all your issues and a lot of headaches down the road. Good luck ;)!

Back