• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Here is a reminder to add bop tunnel hose saver during summer maintenance

oh man, what a disaster if it takes so much reaching to fix a hose...lookslike the machine has to be almost ripped down completely...what's the fix to avoid this? A BOP tunnel protector? Do I got this right?
oh man, what a disaster if it takes so much reaching to fix a hose...lookslike the machine has to be almost ripped down completely...what's the fix to avoid this? A BOP tunnel protector? Do I got this right?

https://www.barnofparts.com/coolant-hose-saver
If you already have the yamaha tunnel protectors installed then yes put the bop savers on!
Or like NYturbo mentioned stm full length tunnel protectors or just the front stm protectors if you have the yamaha stock one already installed on rear

I am in a similar boat, caught a coolant leak while doing spring maintenance and traced it back to a nick in the hose and a loose fitting...

6DIX7a5.jpg

I am putting a BOP order together today.

Last edited:
Tearing a sled down to fix that I would also plate the top of the tunnel at the same time.
This will help prevent it from happening again fron tunnel flex. Keeps the cooler tubes lined up.
15584.jpeg

Are you going to replace the hose also?

I am uncertain if it is only cosmetic or actually leaking right there. I ran the motor and heated everything up a few times to pressurize the system today and everything appears to be holding together. No moisture at all after tightening the hose clamps.

At the same time if that blows I will be stuck in the middle of the national forest on the wrong side of a tow rope...

I am uncertain if it is only cosmetic or actually leaking right there. I ran the motor and heated everything up a few times to pressurize the system today and everything appears to be holding together. No moisture at all after tightening the hose clamps.

At the same time if that blows I will be stuck in the middle of the national forest on the wrong side of a tow rope...
take a close look at the gouge that hose is very thin.
In your pic it looks wet around the gouge

Last edited:
take a close look at the gouge that hose is very thin.
In your pic it looks wet around the gouge

It was wet there when I took that picture. However, I wiped it off with some paper towel and after two thermal cycles it was still dry. I am not sure how it was actually leaking to get wet around it like that and stop now. In all likely-hood as cabin fever (due to the virus) sets in I will be doing that coolant hose and every other thing that can be done on the sled.

I do have coolant hose savers and some other stuff on the way from BOP though.

mine was cut from the inside due to the nipples getting out of alignment. I would consider taking and inch out of the rear exhanger so the nipple is back and ich and reweld, allowing some flex. then a cover

just did mine a month ago and there was no updated part, but I bet when it is available it will be

Back