• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

heres a question for someone!!!!

yamaha-rider

Extreme
ok the rx1 i bought last year has had a new motor straight from yamaha so i was told ,and if this is true would it be a 03 motor cause that is what year my sled is or would they have put in the latest and most up dated motor which would probly have been an 05 so i am just woundering and does it really madder ........

As long as it is not a yamaha rebuild, the newest one 05. The number on the block will tell you i think.

no it was not a rebuild they shipped him a brand new motor i a crate, so if it is the 05 does that mean i have les power then my friend that has a 03

The 05 dosen't have less power.They haveupdated piston rings.If it was a replacment i would think you would have the updated engine.

Don't worry until your are actually using oil. Not all the 03 and 04 engines used oil, in fact it was only a few that did. After the change in ring design effective on the 05 and all newer engines, hardly any oil useage have been reported. There is no point in ripping apart a factory new engine.

well thats why he got this new motor he was useing to much oil and had the problem "fixed" after the 3rd time of "fixing" it he went to the atterney gen. and they got him a brand new motor so i was woundering if i got a 05 or a 03 and if i got the 05 what is the diff.

The diff from the 03 to the 05 engine are new rings on the 05 and a Magnesium Cylinder Head Cover.

What is the engine number on your new engine?
We may be able to figure it out if you provide us with the information.

Back