• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hi all, new member here, I've got a few ????

ntjordan

Hi gang, just joined your board and have been searching a reading for a couple hours. I'm picking up an '04 RX Warrior on Saturday, this will be my first Yammie in over 20 years, last one was my Bravo when I was 12. Most recently I did a 3 year tour on a Doo REV, it was a great sled but it's time for a change.

Anyways I've got a few questions, they may seem silly but like I said, this is my first Yam since '84 or so. I've been reading on the suspension set up for the Warrior and what it the FRA or something like that? What about the "transfer rods", are those similiar to the coupling blocks on a Doo? I'm about 190lbs so I'm looking for tips on setting this thing up.

Not sure if I posted in the correct spot but I figured this might be a good place to start and say "HI'.

Thanks, Norm

Hey Norm, ask away. Once you get the sled, ride it and let us know what isn't working for you. Hopefully its a perfect match, but make that decision for yourself and let us know what you think. Lots of experience here and we're more then willing to help another Yammi rider out!

Do not expect it to ride like your Rev - that won't happen, but you can play with it quite a bit and get it better.

The transfer rods in the back adjust how much or how little weight transfers to the back of the sled under accelleration - the more transfer, the less weight on your skiis, less transfer, more weight on your skis.

77srxdude said:
Do not expect it to ride like your Rev - that won't happen, but you can play with it quite a bit and get it better.

The transfer rods in the back adjust how much or how little weight transfers to the back of the sled under accelleration - the more transfer, the less weight on your skiis, less transfer, more weight on your skis.

I'm sure it's not going to ride like my REV but that's OK, I was getting a bit tired of the riding position, just seemed like you could never relax, got a bit tiring. My wife still has here REV so we'll still have one in the family in case I get the itch and she plans on taking the Warrior from time to time as well. Probably the two biggest things that sold me on this sled were the four-stroke engine (I've had several bulletproof Yam bikes), and the larger seat/relaxed seating position, now we'll be able to take our daughter with us on local rides and she can sit in front of me. We bought a 1+1 seat for my wife's REV but my daughter's too small for that, we're afraid she'd fall and there's no room on the REV for her to sit in front.

Welcome to the site, you'll probably get more information than you ever cared to know but that's part of what keeps this a fun place.

Since you're talking RX Warrior, you posted in the correct spot. ;)!

ntjordan - Welcome on board :)

The FRA - Full Rate Adjuster is an adjuster to control the amount of travel of the rear shock and spring in the skid when the skid is compressed. There are 3 positions, upper hole is the softest setting (least travel of the rear shock and spring), middle hole a little stiffer setting, lower hole is the stiffest setting (most shock and spring travel, hardest setting) These settings affects the whole range of the shock travel. In addtion you can adjust center and rear spring settings for proper ride height and your riding style.

The transfer rods is like the block on ski-doo's. If the gap in the transfer rod is reduced you get less transfer and skis stays closer to the ground, great steering, but poor holeshot. If gap is increased you will get more weight transfer to the track and a better holeshot, too much transfer makes it hard to keep the skis on the ground when going WOT around a corner.

Any questions, feel free to ask.

Hi Norm,
Welcome to this site ;)! I've had an 04 Warrior since new and I presently have 6500 miles on it 8) Best sled I have ever owned and I have tried many settings on the suspension. I weigh 215 and I run the stock large spring on the full setting, transfer rods leaning towards more hook up with more than average adjustment on the front spring with the limiter straps pulled up somewhat for more ski pressure. I have a 13 mm sway bar. This works well for me you will have to try different set ups to find what is best for you and your riding style.
Very comfortable, powerful long range sled :Rockon:

BM

Back