• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hmm...My Viper puked

jtssrx said:
stingray719 said:
TurboJamie said:
No sense arguing with you gents during the honeymoon phase. Let's see how things play out of the next couple seasons. Keep an eye out for chain case, suspension, and tunnel threads ;)

This coming from someone with nearly 20,000 km experience between 5 procross sleds now.

You lost all credibility with me comparing them.

I've seen you post this same line a few times now. It makes me laugh every time I see it!!!!
Me to :)

TurboJamie said:
stingray719 said:
TurboJamie said:
No sense arguing with you gents during the honeymoon phase. Let's see how things play out of the next couple seasons. Keep an eye out for chain case, suspension, and tunnel threads ;)

This coming from someone with nearly 20,000 km experience between 5 procross sleds now.

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2012 and 2013 Procross are NOTHING like the quality and performance of the 2014. You lost all credibility with me comparing them. Oh wait, the 2008 Nytro is just like the 2012 Nytro too I bet?

Its the exact same chassis fella, wait until you have some experience. Like I said no use arguing you will see as time goes on and mileage goes up.
x2. +
,never argue with idiots,they drag you down to their own level and beat you with experience ;)

Update: I got the call from the dealer (I took it to my dealer that I normally bring my stuff to in hopes of getting the truth...and the fact they are a great dealer). He said that the (other) dealer that did the oil change apparently forgot to take off the old o-ring and doubled them up. I/we are surprised it made it 400-500 miles before the oil let loose. So...some of you guys hit the nail on the head on this one. Everything is mechanically sound but just quite a mess to be cleaned. They changed the oil and are gonna take apart the clutches and clean them as well as everything else. Trying now to work with the dealer that changed the oil to foot the bill on this one. We'll see how that plays out. I am actually glad to hear it was something stupid (human error) rather than the sled because I was contemplating trading it in if it was something major. I probably would've lost my #*$&@ on that deal...and my wife.lol

MCApex44 said:
Update: I got the call from the dealer (I took it to my dealer that I normally bring my stuff to in hopes of getting the truth...and the fact they are a great dealer). He said that the (other) dealer that did the oil change apparently forgot to take off the old o-ring and doubled them up. I/we are surprised it made it 400-500 miles before the oil let loose. So...some of you guys hit the nail on the head on this one. Everything is mechanically sound but just quite a mess to be cleaned. They changed the oil and are gonna take apart the clutches and clean them as well as everything else. Trying now to work with the dealer that changed the oil to foot the bill on this one. We'll see how that plays out. I am actually glad to hear it was something stupid (human error) rather than the sled because I was contemplating trading it in if it was something major. I probably would've lost my #*$&@ on that deal...and my wife.lol

That's crazy, a double gasket.... Who ever did the oil change didn't start it up and run it before adding oil to the desired spot. And if they did you would think it would leak! Oh well at least it's something small! Double gasket is oil change 101!!!

Any bets on how many of the " bashers " come back and post a retraction? I'll start with a guess of ZERO.

I don't know what everyone is complaining about failures.
"As I hold my head down in shame"
Just put 110 miles on your brand new Viper you will not have any failures

:drink:

Let see an oppurtunity to say nice things?

I will, glad your sled will be ok sorry you had to have that scare and MESS.

Yamadoo

Well I for one is glad it wasn't anything major. I've been reading about all the people complaining about their vipers and still did a spring order for an LTX-DX for my wife. I realize that when people have a problem with something they are going to look for a forum or some place to vent their pain. What we don't know is how many vipers are out there running fine with no issues, I'm sure Yamaha has this info somewhere. Don't forget this is a new sled, yes yes the chassis has been around and the engine too but still a lot of engineering went in to putting the 2 together. I think Yamaha will stand behind their product in the long run. My 07 Apex GT has been great, lost my first Bogey this year and replaced the donuts, that's it. Cant say that for the group of 20+ people I ride with and all the other brands.

MCApex44 you should make the other dealer cover everything as it was their screw up, including new riding gear if its covered in oil.

subysti04 said:
Well I for one is glad it wasn't anything major. I've been reading about all the people complaining about their vipers and still did a spring order for an LTX-DX for my wife. I realize that when people have a problem with something they are going to look for a forum or some place to vent their pain. What we don't know is how many vipers are out there running fine with no issues, I'm sure Yamaha has this info somewhere. Don't forget this is a new sled, yes yes the chassis has been around and the engine too but still a lot of engineering went in to putting the 2 together. I think Yamaha will stand behind their product in the long run. My 07 Apex GT has been great, lost my first Bogey this year and replaced the donuts, that's it. Cant say that for the group of 20+ people I ride with and all the other brands.

MCApex44 you should make the other dealer cover everything as it was their screw up, including new riding gear if its covered in oil.

I am trying to. Well, I would just like for the new bill covered for whatever they charge for the cleaning and oil change. I can live with the oil on my boot and pants. When I called the dealer at fault...he seemed concerned and willing to help. But-that was at 1:30pm today and as of 5pm today he hadn't called the dealer performing the work. My dealer told me if he doesn't cover it then I/we can file a claim through Yamaha and there is a 'chance' Yamaha will get involved or perhaps cover it. We'll see...

MCApex44 said:
subysti04 said:

I am trying to. Well, I would just like for the new bill covered for whatever they charge for the cleaning and oil change. I can live with the oil on my boot and pants. When I called the dealer at fault...he seemed concerned and willing to help. But-that was at 1:30pm today and as of 5pm today he hadn't called the dealer performing the work. My dealer told me if he doesn't cover it then I/we can file a claim through Yamaha and there is a 'chance' Yamaha will get involved or perhaps cover it. We'll see...

Who found the double gasket? No matter what the dealer should at least back up there work!! And even if another dealer found it, that job still is the responsibility of the dealer who first did the oil change. I really feel your getting screwed! If they preformed the oil change them they are responsible for it! Sorry that your going through this crap! I can't believe a dealer won't take the blame!

MCApex44 said:
subysti04 said:

If the dealer covers it...great! If they don't I would call Yamaha.

I had a bent shock on a 2000 SXR700 and brought it in to my nearest dealer at that time. The date was october, but I had the sled completely ripped apart to get it ready for Dec. 1st. The dealer said it was under warranty and would send it in. After the middle of November, I stopped once a week and called everyday as the sled was all apart in my shop and no shock. My dealer kept saying they sent it out to Donahue Motorsports. After Thanksgiving, I called Donahue motorpsorts and they said they never received it. I was pissed so I called Yamaha. They called the dealer...the dealer never sent it out and they said it was because of deer season...WTF! Yamaha sent me a brand new shock the next day and filed a complaint which I had a 3 way conversation with the dealer and Yamaha. It pays to call Yamaha when your dealer is wrong.

Back