• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

reverse ??

snowhite

Pro
Country
Canada
Okay I know it's a tiring issue but I need to know how to test why the reverse isn't coming on at all on my '15 viper. I press the button and there's nothing, when the actuator was screwy the lights used to dim indicating that there was draw but the actuator wasn't engaging. Now it has nothing stone dead so where do I start testing for poweror where is a good wiring diagram?

Lightly tap on the servo motor while actuating the button and see if it tries to kick in. Contacts in these things will corrode just sitting over summer. Wiggle the button while pressing it they corrode too.Also make sure the fuses are good. Become a VIP and you can access the service manuals online.

Check your wire harness on top of oil tank and chain case. My exhaust shield wore through on mine. Problem started with the reverse light intermittently turning on when in forward. I caught the worn through wire before it got any worse.

Does the reverse indicator appear? If so, the gear inside the actuator may need to be turned/replaced.

Back