• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

hmm yamaha stole from bergstrom

aceltx09

Expert
Has anyone seen the new yammy ski, the first look I got from it reminded me of bergstroms ski savers, they just incorporated them into the ski so that its one piece.

Stolen Ideas

Not throwing stones or anything, (I have owned more Yamaha motorcycles ans sleds than any other brand), but if they did "borrow" from Scott's design, it wouldn't be the first time. In 1993, Yamaha released the GTS1000 that had a "forkless" front end that was pioneered by a guy named James Parker. He worked on the front end for 10 years, and attempted to sell the design to Yamaha to no avail. Last I heard, when it showed up on the 1993 model line-up, Parker received anything for his efforts. The model only lasted for 2 years for some reason.

Attachments

• gts1000a.jpg
    gts1000a.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 47
Hmm. Not to change topics. But that '93 Yamaha design looks very reminiscent of the Bimota Tesi 3d, with the forkless design, which is a current manufacture for Bimota (pic below).

I guess there is a fine legal line between "stealing" and borrowing ideas for a design. It is true, you cannot duplicate exactly a patented design and call it your own. But it is perfectly legal (and done every day) to borrow ideas and concepts from one design and develop/meld it into a newer design.

--Steve (O.C.)

Attachments

• Bimota_Tesi_3D_2007_02_1024x768.jpg
    Bimota_Tesi_3D_2007_02_1024x768.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 46
Ya I was half joking when I started the thread, its just funny if you have seen bergstroms setup with the ski savers and you understand how they work then you look at the bottom of the new yamha ski it looks like they are trying to do the same. Was just having a little fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back