• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Holy crap! Nytro set up 2008 to 2014 mono shock.

ruff going off memory (which sucks by the way) I think the Walker Evans are at least 1 1/2 too long both extended and compressed.

Thanks! it was shock rebuilding day!
I will say IF Yamaha actually reads these posts:

Please go buy a W/E (Walker Evan) shock (or hell I'll send you one!!!) and take it and one of your shocks that you sale on our sleds to your shock guru/ machine shop and make your shock's IFP the same as the W/E. Please put a screw hole in the IPT so we can fluid pack under it WITHOUT a machined area to trap air! (like HPG and others, but not W/E) HELLO! Who makes these things? The W/E shocks can revalved in less than 15 mins with minimal fluid loss (less than one once) complete new valve stack reinstall top off shock oil, tap to get tiny bit of air out, seal shock add N2, install on sled, hit the track!!! This is NOT to imply W/E shocks are the best shocks out there, BUT they ARE one of the easiest and cheapest to make valve stack adjustments to. And this would be a MINIMAL cost to Yamaha!

OK off my soap box again!

Rebound adjustor direction. Sorry about stealing your pic 08nitroRTX.

Attachments

• rebound adjust.jpg
    rebound adjust.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 153
Yes that was impressive! thanks for the information. I will try this. Unfortunately the snow has melted by me I wont get a chance to try it until next week when i go up north.

Those fancy labels are done with a tool called Awesome Screenshot. It is available only with Google Chrome and not available with the Internet Explorer browser.

Superman, we are pretty close on setup as well, though I'll have to run out and check my skid shocks. I ride Gaylord and the UP a lot and have played with the front floats a lot, I found that 52 psi works great for cornering and trail ride and have yet to bottom even on trail 8 in the UP

mcamzr said:
Superman, we are pretty close on setup as well, though I'll have to run out and check my skid shocks. I ride Gaylord and the UP a lot and have played with the front floats a lot, I found that 52 psi works great for cornering and trail ride and have yet to bottom even on trail 8 in the UP

Bro do you realize that post is from 2008? Glad to hear you have a good set up...hope 777 is reading this?

Wow, revived from 2008. And I'm still riding the Nytro.. However tomorrow I'm taking her out for a ride with a mono shock rear suspension mounted in the tunnel. Can't wait to see how it rides. Feels great in the shop. The last couple of years I've had the SE floats on mine and I'm also right around 50 psi.

I like that Awesome screenshot tool!

Nice tool(Awesome Screenshot) thanks for the tip!

Heres a sled with some balls! Ha!

Attachments

• yamaha nytro   Google Search.png
    yamaha nytro Google Search.png
    158.2 KB · Views: 167
Superman said:
Wow, revived from 2008. And I'm still riding the Nytro.. However tomorrow I'm taking her out for a ride with a mono shock rear suspension mounted in the tunnel. Can't wait to see how it rides. Feels great in the shop. The last couple of years I've had the SE floats on mine and I'm also right around 50 psi.

Thats the first that Ive heard of that being done. Let us know how it works! Post some pics if you get a chance. :Rockon:

yamaha1973 said:
Superman said:

Thats the first that Ive heard of that being done. Let us know how it works! Post some pics if you get a chance. :Rockon:

I will. I had to make a new and longer rear mount shaft because the width of the mounts is wider on the Nytro. (Apex and Vectors have stepped rear mounts. Nytros are straight.) the front mounts are about 2" back and the rear location is in the stock holes. The 121 rails of mono shock are just a little bit shorter. So I guess the approach angle should be a little less.

RobWarrior said:
mcamzr said:

Bro do you realize that post is from 2008? Glad to hear you have a good set up...hope 777 is reading this?

Actually I did. I had read this a long time ago before I bought my nytro, it is actualy how I found lakeeffect for my risers. I'm knew about the mono last year when inpicked up my risers I just thought that the psi info might be relevant since I've tried a lot and found hat to work... And to post the link for 777!

Please share some pictures of the Mono skid in the Nytro. I always thought that would be excellent in there. It can do everything very well with the proper shock mounted up.

I spent tons of time attempting to tune the RTX skid... it was a disappointment.

bjowett said:
Please share some pictures of the Mono skid in the Nytro. I always thought that would be excellent in there. It can do everything very well with the proper shock mounted up.

I spent tons of time attempting to tune the RTX skid... it was a disappointment.
Brian, The Mono shock I put in the Nytro has the Ohlins shock you built for Nick1945 last year.

I bet the Nytro with that mono will be awesome on the trail bud!

Back