• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

hooking up handle bar heaters

koreyk125

VIP Member
Alright guys I have a really dumb question but I dont want to short anything out on the sled. Any help would be great.

I have SPI Hi-Output grip heaters and they came with a white, red, black wire coming out of the grip heaters. The stock wires on the Nytro have two blacks going to the throttle side and then two blacks going to the break side. The SPI directions tell me the black is my ground (i agree) but then it tells me to connect both white & blue SPI wires to either black Yamaha wire.

This is where I am lost... I dont have a blue wire but I have a red.

What would you guys do based on their directions? I am thinking of hooking up the white and red to one of the stock (black) wires, then using the SPI black wire and hooking it up to the other stock black wire. Think this will work? Will I short anything out if it is not right?

Thanks everyone!

Im going through the same thing right now with rsi heaters. The two you are linking together are your heating source the the third is the grounding wire. Im not sure if yOu can tell the difference but i would say the red is in Place of the blue. So do what you are thinking...

It worked. I did not get much heat running the sled on the stand but I did feel some heat. From what I undertand a Yamaheater is the ticket.

Or if you didn't want to do that by 6 dollar ski doo cork insolation plus foam your bars and get new grips. It works and you spent at the most $50 more than what you have now. I just switched over to fly carbon fiber tapered bars with hooks , ski doo cork insulation, rsi heaters and ruffian grips. I'll let you know how they work once I get them set up

I did the RSI high output ones first, foamed the bars and put a different grip on. As said above the yamaheaters are the ticket. I jus put them on yesterday and you could burn your hand with the sled on the stand. The issue with the grips are that even with the high output heaters the sled isn't putting max power to them unless you are turning some there around 4500 rpm ish no matter what the settings are at.

hmm thanks for the info guys. I also have the fly carbon wrapped bars with the RSI grips. We got 4" of snow last night so hopefully I can get out in the local farm fields to see if my grip heaters work.

I used shrink wrap solder tubes. They come in the yamaha kit but I found them at auto value too.

Back