• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Houghton/Hancock TY Ride Roll Call

Viper_Dave's Wife said:
YEAHHHH my baby coming home today!!!!!! Hurry Hurry !!!!

That old fart will be worn out and be of no use to you. Should have let me know he was gone, I'd have kept you warm. LOL I am stealing him again in just a few weeks. Paul

Swiss Sledder said:
....... got petrol at the BP station in Twin Lakes, and took the Greenland loop. ......

Petrol? Petrol? Cripes!, you even talk like a Brit now..... :jump:

We had a long night Saturday in the bar. Mr. Sled was on the dance floor most of the night. No pictures of that though. Most people went home this morning except for Nos-Pro and I. We decided to try out some of the new Yamaha sleds since they had demo rides next door.

Yamaha brought up all their new sleds in this truck.
PC160021.jpg

Nos-Pro and I talked to the Yamaha demo guys. They were really cool. The demo ride was basically down a trail for 6 miles, turn around and come back. After talking with them this morning, they agreed to let us take out the sleds on a 35 mile loop. Two of the guys went with us and let us ride a nice pace. Thanks Yamaha!

After the ride, I took this picture.
PC160022.jpg

Nos-Pro and I then took a ride today and the trails were perfect.
PC160023.jpg

It is still snowing out but everyone has now left. Total mileage was since Wednesday 910 miles. It was an awesome time and I look forward to the next TY ride. Maybe next year, Budda and VDW will join us.

Swiss Sledder said:
.....Maybe next year, Budda and VDW will join us.

I would have this year but you'd already sub-let the room to some nos induced "druggie"........... LaLaLa

:nos

(Actually, if I'd had a confirmed place to stay.........maybe..........BUT, My Fault.......I waited too long to commit.......)

Attachments

• FX Nytro Parts  (600 x 450).jpg
    FX Nytro Parts (600 x 450).jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 90
I got home this afternoon from the Keweenaw after riding with the TY crew on Friday. This was the first time for me to be able to hook up with fellow TY members on a ride. My buddy Chuck and I really appreciated being able to ride with this great bunch of guys (and gal) on Friday.

We decided to do some off trail riding on Saturday instead of riding with the group. We wanted to see how our sleds would do trying some bushwacking. Let's just say that the SRX is more capable than it's rider was. I got stuck three times, but it was worth it. We still managed to put on about 160 miles yesterday. The trail conditions were some of the best that I have ever experienced in the area.

Chuck and I stoppped by the bar at the Ramada about 4:00 Saturday to see if any of the group had gotten back yet, but no luck, so we headed back to Mohawk. Thanks again to TY and the members who we got to ride with on Friday.

VX1R

I must have just missed you, I and my buddies had just gotton back at 2:30 and went to the bar at 4:30 for a few cocktails..

My apex was sitting out thou...

I suffered all day yesturday riding back, with my hangover.. OUCH..

Mr.sled is a riot.....

It was alot of fun as always..

brian

Had a great time with everyone!!!! I am so tired today and my knees hurts so bad...LOL, I feel like I snow crossed all weekend.

Same here! Glad to see everyone again, and of course, enjoy the beautifull trails that we rode on.

See you at the next ride!!!!!

buddah2 said:
Swiss Sledder said:
....... got petrol at the BP station in Twin Lakes, and took the Greenland loop. ......

Petrol? Petrol? Cripes!, you even talk like a Brit now..... :jump:
Buddah, petrol is what goes in the sled. Gas is what Mr. Sled had on Friday after eating cauliflower soup ... and it was bad. That foul odor actually penetrated my helmet and through my face mask. Nasty!

It was a great time all and see you next year.

Well, I had great time as always. The only time all year long that I stay at a bar untill the lights come on, is at a TY ride. Sat night was a fun night. My voice was killing me all day Sunday from trying to talk over the music. But that DJ was awsome.

Welter couldn't even look at his breakfast Sunday morning, and he's right he did suffer most of the way home. LOL.
It was great to see everyone again, and to meet some new TY people.

Chad.

Back