• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How Accurate is the Stock Speedo

mjaremko

Suspended
Finally got over 500 miles on my XTX, so the time was quickly approaching for a top speed run. Came across about a mile of straight groomed hardpack................. you know what happened next.... ;-)

101 mph on the speedo. What do you think it was actually doing ?

9 tooth extro drivers, 1.75" backcountry track, stock gearing.

mj

For guys searching for more top end, here's what i found this afternoon just by luck:
Drag and Fly, 1 bolt tip, 1 bolt 1 washer arm, 8BV31(stock) cam at 70°. That rips on an iced road. Thoses sceptical guys will never trust me with the speed i achived. Just curious to see what it would have been on GPS.

Can someone tell me why is the apex speedo far accurate?

1049triple said:
For guys searching for more top end, here's what i found this afternoon just by luck:
Drag and Fly, 1 bolt tip, 1 bolt 1 washer arm, 8BV31(stock) cam at 70°. That rips on an iced road. Thoses sceptical guys will never trust me with the speed i achived. Just curious to see what it would have been on GPS.

so what speed did you get?

I get 190kmh or 118mph. I'm 135lbs, the sled have 5400km, front shock to 40psi and i hit that with the front limiter straps all the way loose. I was trying a new set up to raise my initials rpm when on snow and when coming back home, on a 1.5km stretch on the road, i pin it, and surprisingly at 184 the speedo was still climbing up to 190. After seeing i was thinking it was not believable so i let the gas and pin it again and it top that time to 187-188 varying to theses speeds. That really make my day. I was very unsatisfied the way it accelerate, but that speed, make me learn something.

The Nytro is more accurate than Doo's 4-Tek. I was with a 4-Tek on Sat., he reached his 500 mile break-in and said it really can alive. He showed me his top speed recorder at 174km and he said I was pulling away on top end. I never showed 160km on my speedo all day.......

my friends auntie owns the brp dealership where im from, ive been racing his FREE ski-doos forever!!!!!!!!!!!. i pull him outta the hole tilll about 45mph, then he levels with me and i JUST get him by a flash finish at 100+mph...........BARELY. its back and forth all day sometimes depending on conditions, im clutched and he has a mbrp header, 144 vs 136, both studded and we weigh about the same. the 1200 doo is RIGHT there with us ALL the time i would say................THEN i raced his 2011 800E-TEC, BAD BAD decision!!!!!!!!!. i would say NEVER line up against one of those!!...LOLOLOL

rob

Message to roberterin. Remember, a Nytro is a 600cc class sled! Don't be surprised if an 800r smokes you. I don't think a 600 e-tec would enjoy going up against an Apex either. Just my opinion. :Rockon:

Agree the nytro is about 2-4 mph off, and the apex I hear is off by like 6-8mph off

What made a speedo accurate or not? Like the Apex that is way off??

Back