• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How are "BRP" Modular helmets for prescribe eye gl

apltx08

TY 4 Stroke God
I'm now using a CL-11/HJC w/NO-FOG mask and works #1 no fogging and no need to use a heated visor, but what a pain when you just want to stop for a few minutes to get the d@mn thing off 'cause of eye glasses!!! this is why I was thinking of going MODULAR with the face that flips up makes it nice and easy for guys like myself having to wear EYE glasses much easier to get it on and off but I'm just concerned on fogging up my eye glasses anyone else using them with glasses and how is it performing?

I went to the original style "BRP" modular helmet back when it first came out for that same reason. I wore contacts 90% of the time, but wanted the option to wear my glasses if needed.

Two years ago, before I had lasik done, I rode all year with my glasses and my BRP modular helmet and never had a problem. Once in awhile when stopped and talking without flipping up the helmet, they would fog up; but as soon as you got going again the air flow would clear them up.

Can't say it would work for certain in your case, since it is some what dependent on size of glasses and how they fit your face and in the helmet; but it worked out good for me.

Y1

I use the SY-MAXE and have no problem getting it on or off with glasses. I do have the heated sheild but except on the really cold days (-25 or more) I find you do not need it. It has the flip up lid so the entire front opens. I agree the others can be a real pain to get over glasses or to adjust them if you put them on after putting on the helmet. While it isn't cheep it is a bit less than the BRP which I have heard great reviews on also. The only problem with them was the original ones kept freezing up the breathing tubes.

Have modular helmet but don't wear glasses as will fog sooner or later. Keep glasses with me for maps & repairs but not for riding.

I believe there hard to fit and only work for some people. while i have heard great reviews couldn't find the combination of fit and mask placement for my wife. now our only hope is prescription goggles or contacts. try them before ya buy it :o|

My dads 2 friends both wear BRP modulars and glasses. They love them compared to regular helmets, and mostly because of the glasses issue.

Knowing that a Modular wouldn't fog up my eye glasses I'd go for 1 'cause my actual helmet is like kind of over due, I love it its broken in I hate starting off with a new helmet but it gets to a point you have no choice!

I might just go with a good quality flip-up face with my NO-FOG mask it worked great in my HJC CL-11, nobody seems to confirm that with eye glasses it doesn't fog, with my actual set-up it doesn't its a lot of $$$ to fork out and end up with something that dosen't perform as you expected it would!

I had a Skidoo Modular2 helmet. I wore my sunglasses with it and they did not fog. I wore modulars for a couple years and the Skidoo Mod 2 was by far the best one. I use a snowcross helmet now because the temp never goes extremely cold here. I have in the box brand new a Modular 2 helmet (3x) from last year if anyone is interested.
Motleyone

Hi apltx08 , I've always wore glasses under my helmet and I had a BRP Modular for a couple of years and it worked fine . I switched to a HJC CL Max Modular which I really like. I've had very little problems fogging up with either but I did get frostbite on my cheeks with the BRP from the air tubes . sonic

Modular helmet

I have worn glasses forever and used several different helmets and for me the best thing to do was lose the no-fog mask. This kept me from fogging most of the time while riding but if I stopped very long without taking the helmet off it would tend to fog the glasses. Last year I broke down and bought the HJC CL Max and love it. Again I tossed the mask and I don't fog the glasses and when I stop flip the whole lid up and no fog. I use heated shield and had Zero problems last year.

Geezer 2

I went to a modular around 2002, for the ease of trail side conversations. About 05-06 I started wearing my glasses while riding. No fog at all for me. On very cold days remember to clean out ice from the air tube outlets. Ice can form on there from the moisture in your breath. Can't beat the SkeeDoo Mod in my opinion.

brp helmet

I usually wear contact lenses but when I wore my glasses the BRP modular was the only helmet that I could wear without fogging up. If you wear glasses, it's worth the money. If you don't wear glasses, I think they're over priced and over rated. I use an open face now with a good set of goggles and it's the best setup I've tried by far. People always assume they're cold, but I think the BRP modular is colder because wind would always flow in through area that separates the face to the rest of the helmet ( I would never wear that big cloth thing that goes around the mouth piece ). I actually had a line of frost bite going up each side of my face one time.

I had a Modular 1 and parted with after an afternoon on the lake....

It is not friendly for wire framed glasses !!!! The fit is still tight for glasses & will damaged most frames. Safety / heavy plastic frames would suffice with the tight fit....

My issues were the movement of the helmet / glasses / face shield blurring my vision going across the lake.

Warm ? Yes .... Ice & fogging ? NO

Flaws...narrow field of vision, optical distortion ( personal) Odd sizing of BRP products.

Brother has been riding with one since 2000 & thrilled with its performace...

Do get the newer upgraded FULL face mask for draft protection.

Modular2 is supposedly optically more correct & has a larger field of vision... may try it with a set of sports goggles.

Back