• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How are those new 2010 Maverick tracks holding UP?

outofbounds

Veteran
I have an 08 Nytro MTX that originally came with one of those lame Maverick tracks. It has now been replaced by a Challenger Extreme.

Questions for those of you who bought one of the 2010 models that come with the improved Maverick:

- Are the lugs staying up or do they lay down and stay down like the old ones?

- Are you happy with the track's performance?

- If anyone has REAL experience running both the CE and the new Maverick can you let me know how they compare?

I am may purchase a new 2010 153" SE but won't do it if I am going to have to purchase a replacement track.

Thanks.

I just changed to a 162x15x2.5 CE. Works WAY BETTER than the mav. I have riden an 08-09 wit the old mav, and it is definately an improvement. The lugs did stay up much better, but its almost like you could feel them curl over compared to the CE. Just keep your track and swap it on the new sled. The Pro Air skid works really good and I really like the boards too! Looks like you have quite a bit done to yours, I dont know if itll be worth the change for you..... If you wana spend the coin, turbo it. Just my opinion tho

Yeah, like Tapex_07 said. It's better but still not 100%. With the 180 kit though, what it lacks for traction - it makes up for with track speed. Gets me into as much trouble as I care for.

I'll run mine till I see some damage - I don't seem to have a lot of luck with tracks last couple of seasons.

I have a 2010 mtx with the new Mav track and only 240 miles on it strickly mountain riding and the fingers are bending over terrible. I cant wait till season is over Im putting a camo extreme 2.5" on if it will fit. I will post pics soon of my crapvrick track.

I have a stock '03 Rx-1 Mountain track on my '03 ton and in my mind it's the toughest track I've ever seen in my life. I have spun over more rocks, stumps, gravel, and cliff faces than you would believe and there is just three of the little nobs missing off the very tip of the lug which is A LOT to say considering what the sled and been through. The guy I bought her off tore one lug half way off right through the bone and I don't have a sweet clue how he managed to do it because I've put her through it all.

Back