• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How do i lighten up RX without using big $

The gutted exhaust is definitely louder than stock when you get on it. At idle it is barely louder than stock. On the hill at full throttle it is louder than the yoshimura, but the gutted exhaust saved weight and costed nothing.

Couple of years ago started putting on CPR Simons turbo kits. He want the muffler gutted. I have a dig scale for doing air/cond for cars/trucks. Weight the muffler it was 20lbs, removed anything from the inside of the muffler, weight in again, 15lbs. So don't waste your time on that. If you have access to a bike shop, put some sort of muffler on a street bike. They weight around 3lbs for an alu body one. Just need a 2 into 1 to go into it. If you pm your e@mail address I will get a pic sent to you. Then the next thing would to get ride of the heavy rear suspension drop brackets, 8lbs, maybe an aftermarket tunnel ext. As already said, lighter battery, and get ride of the rear wheels that are not needed. The rest of thte stuff is 1lb per $100. 1st, muffler, 2, drop brackets/tunnel ext, 3 battery, those are the biggest weight savings with spending the least. Not sure what stuff cost in Greenland, but I would guess around 500cdn, 450usd.

RED said:
Couple of years ago started putting on CPR Simons turbo kits. He want the muffler gutted. I have a dig scale for doing air/cond for cars/trucks. Weight the muffler it was 20lbs, removed anything from the inside of the muffler, weight in again, 15lbs. So don't waste your time on that. If you have access to a bike shop, put some sort of muffler on a street bike. They weight around 3lbs for an alu body one. Just need a 2 into 1 to go into it. If you pm your e@mail address I will get a pic sent to you. Then the next thing would to get ride of the heavy rear suspension drop brackets, 8lbs, maybe an aftermarket tunnel ext. As already said, lighter battery, and get ride of the rear wheels that are not needed. The rest of thte stuff is 1lb per $100. 1st, muffler, 2, drop brackets/tunnel ext, 3 battery, those are the biggest weight savings with spending the least. Not sure what stuff cost in Greenland, but I would guess around 500cdn, 450usd.

I can PROMISE anyone on here that you save WAY more than 5 pounds gutting the exhaust. Not a chance it weighs 15 pounds gutted, and there is no way its only 20 pounds stock. I picked it up before and after and it's night and day. When gutted it's as light as the Bender.

My gutted 04 weighed 11 #'s. I still have it if anyone is interested. I loved the sound of it. Sounded more like an F1 car.

J.

Back