• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How do you like your Phazer so far?

Just love my Phazer Mtn Lite!

I give it a 9 out of 10!

Really fun in 2 feet of powder!

Only one major complaint : Ice & Snow buildup in the tunnel!

Errol

Hey,
Just picked up a fx today. I rode 60 miles in Vermont. Three feet of powder, trails groomed, and a star lite night. This thing is the most incredible thing I have ever ridden on snow. I cant stop saying how totally awsome this machine is. Im 39 and I have about 5 years off snowmobile history, but I have ridden motorcycles all my life. I own dirt and street bikes. (drz400/sv1000) I would highly recommend anyone with a motorcycle or atv history to purchase one of these. I found the handling to be superb! Sometimes you would feel like you were on a four wheeler and then other times like you are on a crotch rocket and/or dirtbike. The power was ample and full of torque! The ergos are as good as it gets! Our ride took us over a wide range of conditions. The fx ate the bumps like a pro. Raged into the smooth groomed trail corners like it was on rails. The one place it lacks is the track. I think it neeeds to be 1.5 inch lug. This would help it to be a better sled in the powder. I have purchased one and will be replacing the stock track. Has anyone thought about trying Gold ice screws in the track? You know the ones you put into four wheeler and dirt bike tires. I was thinking 3/4 inche would work fine. What do you think? I cant wait to get back on my new toy!!! 10 what more do you need

Love mine. 9 out of 10. The icing is a pain in the #*$&@ but otherwise I'm with the guy above. For me coiming from a dirtbike/ATV background the Phazer is a natural for me. I am more at ease on this thing than any Ski-poo or Artic-fat I have thrown a leg over. Sure there are faster, higher HP sleds but this thing is an entry level sled! MY GF who swore never to get on another sled after a very hairy trip on a modded REV800MXZ spent three hours ditchbanging and freeriding on my Phazer. I am waiting to see what the Mothership brings out tonight to see if she gets the Phazer and I go get a new toy.
Later,
Will

wife just turned 1100 mi. last week on it, it is an awesome machine for her, it was alittle tippy at the beginning but got that straighten out, i have a 72 pick's, might add some to get it to 96, other than that it's been great

I have owned Mach Z's. Blair Morgans & Xps Revs... what I like it it starts and runs and takes a Beating... In are NYS trail system I can lean anybody and pull away in the tighter stuff, when it gets to the opens it has short legs but the suspension and being light does not ware you out...

I would love the new 130hp model but the small fuel tank and more weight has me thinking New XP rev maybe

I would probably give my phazer fx about a 6, because I don't ride on the trail much and find myself riding in the powder. On the trail it is a very fun sled and easy to handle, and it is a great ditch banger. But I do most of my riding cross country in fields and in ungroomed areas. When riding in these conditions I find myself at the back of the pack all the time. For riding in powder, the sled really needs a different track. I always find it funny when riding in an area where there is lots of sledders when they have to do a double look at the sled because the sled looks like none other.

youre right,i did see alot of riders double check the sled when we were parked or on the trail.so far this winter,i had to detail the sled to alot of other riders,everyone wants to know if its cold,good on gas,ride quality and the list goes on,it is by far the centre of attraction in a parking lot,by the way,i love this sled,its my wife's but i got about 900 miles on myself,its got over 2000 miles now.very satisfied,i give it a 9+

Quite pleased with my Venture Lite ... 8 and a half ski tips out of 10.
Everyone has the ice build up, only my legs stay dry. Great trail sled & loads of rear rack storage. Quite a few comments from others ... one guy asked me if it hurt when I hit the tree ... it's not that bad lookin .. is it?

The future is here ... enjoy it!

I have owned many sled in recent years - all Yamaha: SX 500 R; SX 700 R; Viper; RX Warrior and Attak. I rode a Phazer FX about 15 miles last night. What a great sled! It was easy to ride - corners, rough trail, jumps and suprisingly it did alright in deep snow. I am thinking of buying one to go along with my Attak. ;)!

great choice,you'll love it.about the ice build up,on our trip couple weeks ago,my warrior and a rs venture had more ice under the tunnel than my phazer,way more,my phazer did have some on the boards but minimal,i have side pannels on that i made,if you by one i think they come standard on the 08's

Back