• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

how fast is the vectors top speed

I have seen 110 mph running across Lake Gogebic Hardpack and approx -5deg. f. Sled is stock. I was running side by side with an F7 and he stated that he had 110 also on his sled. So either they are fairly acurrate or both off by the same amount. I ran mine in a radar run and in 1000 ft. speedo showed 90mph the gun showed 85. but she still had a lot of pull left in her. :Rockon:

Loomy

Oak Hill said:
108mph on the lake! It gets faster every time I ride it. I have 1000 miles on so far. It will beat stock vipers. It will run to 70MPH with RX1's, then they pass. Its not slow. The only time you are at a disadvantage is on the lake. On the trail, this is the sled to have. Mileage between 18 to 24mpg. Plenty of Torq, very light feel, easy to toss around. Just plain fun to ride. Some say a girly sled, but I say (The Trail Sled) you cannot beat it. It is by far the best trail sled I have ever owned. I can see why Yamaha is using this sled as the nytro. Its fast, ditch bang with any sled out there, torq and for a 600 class sled it is The Trail Sled. The RX1 is a very good sled, more power and top speed, for the guys who need to have the biggest and baddest available. If you want the best Trail Sled period, buy a Vector or Nytro. You will not be disappointed.

So Oak, how did my tail lights look from your angle? LOL Just kidding, I rode his sled on the lake, very nice.

I will be running mine this weekend in 1000ft radar runs,glare ice.I will let you know the result's.

Venture

My buddy got his Venture up to 106 MPH on the lake with less than perfect conditions. 50 degrees and wet snow. Good thing his wife wasn't on the back!

Indy - your tail lights are to much. They looked like they where going in circles. I cannot run with you on top that is for sure. Thanks for the ride on the RX1 - it was a rush. Your sled keeps on pulling where mine leaves off. It was a pleasure to meet you. You are a riot. The crack about a cold bath about blew me away. Hope to ride with you again. Be safe. :4STroke:

I've only seen 102 (162 km\hr) several times on long lake runs and railway bed trails. Good snow conditions and cold -10 to -20 Celsius each time! Sled runs great but I wonder why I can't hit some of the other guys speeds?? Sled has 2100kms. ;)!

111 on speedo..

111 on speedo in a winter wheat field with about 3 inches of fluff...I am guessing thats upper 90's in real life. This machine is FAST 0-80 but then it takes a while.... :yam:

I got my Rage up to 115 on a hard pack lake! I would think the Vector would beat that! I've got 1,300 miles and it's only getting stronger!

I am surprised at the low #'s for the Vector. I thought they'd be faster than my Rage but I was seeing 115mph in ideal conditions and 109-111mph everyday. I am 260+ w/duds on and with the extra weight of the 136" track etc. you'd think I'd be lucky to see 100mph. When my sled was new (530now) I was seeing 105. After messing with a few things and putting on some more miles the top end just keeps climbing. Main issue I was having was hook-up, once I figured out what worked for me everything kind of clicked...awesome! :yam: (Dear Yamaha, you can roll out that clutch fix any time now)

Back