• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

how fast is the vectors top speed

yamiman

Extreme
what have you guys seen on the speedometer, i know its not accurate but can you get 100mph. also can it beat my viper considering it was stock. looking to get one of those nytros but i need a little on top too.

112 on hard pacled lake not sure how accurate that is but my 02 viper would do about the same sometimes 2 mph more so im real happy.

The yamaha site says the nytro has lower gearing than the vector, so top end would be a little less than the vector.

I did around 110mph with a Vector on a hard packed trail. Maybe the Viper showed few more mph, but a SX Viper 03 could not keep up with me when we race together. Both machines are stock.

:4STroke:

Ive also seen 105-6 on a very warm day on loose conditions. I would think perfect conditions would make for 5 -10 mph more.

My best was a 113 with an ever so slight decline of the trail. On a primo trail, about 0 to 5 below. Personally only saw 108 on my 03 Viper, both dead stock.

Has anyone checked their speedo accuracy?I was reading the 05 RX-1 report on Maximum sled,and one of his complaints was the speedos on all the machines was up to 15 mph off above 50 mph.

I saw 120 on my rage last night on the lake. She's been getting steadily faster as the miles keep racking up, i'm at 2330 now. I'll have to get the gps out one of these days and find out how fast it really is.

I saw 120 on the wish o meter on the lake yesterday for one run and then consistant runs of 115 after that. 40 degree temps. Going to tune the flo commander and try it again today with GPS. Lake was flat ice with 1 inch of fluff on it.

108mph on the lake! It gets faster every time I ride it. I have 1000 miles on so far. It will beat stock vipers. It will run to 70MPH with RX1's, then they pass. Its not slow. The only time you are at a disadvantage is on the lake. On the trail, this is the sled to have. Mileage between 18 to 24mpg. Plenty of Torq, very light feel, easy to toss around. Just plain fun to ride. Some say a girly sled, but I say (The Trail Sled) you cannot beat it. It is by far the best trail sled I have ever owned. I can see why Yamaha is using this sled as the nytro. Its fast, ditch bang with any sled out there, torq and for a 600 class sled it is The Trail Sled. The RX1 is a very good sled, more power and top speed, for the guys who need to have the biggest and baddest available. If you want the best Trail Sled period, buy a Vector or Nytro. You will not be disappointed.

Back