• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

how impressed r u?

:rocks: Same as RTX. Makes spending a few bucks on my 06 Apex to get it in tip top shape soooo much easier, but I would love to find a new 09 or 10 in Ontario, @ a blow-out price, of course. Hope the price of the yamacharger doesn,t go up after this release !

I'm somewhat impressed...5/10 what scares me is the up keep of this new exhaust design...check this out when it comes time to change DONUTS or HEADERS on this baby! you better have a EXTENDED warranty or else $$$$

Attachments

• 2011_Apex exhaust header.jpg
    2011_Apex exhaust header.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 121
bigcat99 said:
but I would love to find a new 09 or 10 in Ontario, @ a blow-out price, of course.

My local dealer has a couple of HOT deals on '10, he still has a Blue APEX GT from a customer that skunked out of a SNOW CHECK!!! If your interested PM me I'll give you his coordinates... ;)!

I give it a 7/10 , I have a 2008GT 40th and love it, with Sno-Tracker carbides, it feels like power steering now,did anyone else wonder what the weight will be? I hear the EPS adds 18 lbs ...WOW, + the EXUP system and servo motor AND longer suspension, I think the best change they made was the 128"track,I wonder how it steers when the EPS fails?? I hope they got smart and made the Mono arms from chrome-moly, that would save tons.
I would really miss the Ohlins Electronic adjuster too,it works great for me. And now for the real kicker... the price, HOLY CRAP, almost $3000.00 more than my '08 I would have expected a turbo for that much!!! Na , I'll pass,I don't think we should pay for upgrades to fix problems the older ones had. Like we say in my business, "Never fly the "A" model of anything"

I give it a 7/10 , I have a 2008GT 40th and love it, with Sno-Tracker carbides, it feels like power steering now,did anyone else wonder what the weight will be? I hear the EPS adds 18 lbs ...WOW, + the EXUP system and servo motor AND longer suspension, I think the best change they made was the 128"track,I wonder how it steers when the EPS fails?? I hope they got smart and made the Mono arms from chrome-moly, that would save tons.
I would really miss the Ohlins Electronic adjuster too,it works great for me. And now for the real kicker... the price, HOLY CRAP, almost $3000.00 more than my '08 I would have expected a turbo for that much!!! Na , I'll pass,I don't think we should pay for upgrades to fix problems the older ones had. Like we say in my business, "Never fly the "A" model of anything"

mud99 said:
ZERO, they dropped the Apex Mountain.
NOT impressed.

Where is all the extra HP? This exhaust flap is gonna do nothing!! People either remove them off bikes (via new exhaust) or lock them open....I've done it even myself!!

Price?? WTF?????? enuf said.....look at all the complaints!

Suspension? Well, lots of us have already tweeked our own Apex's springs or revalving, etc, so how much better can it be? FOX is nice though...but again $$$$.

Power steering...pretty cool.

Overall....like others have posted....GAME OVER. Yamaha has failed to sell me a NEW sled....my 06 will be just as good as this new sled, and the 2011's likely.

I would give it a 9/10. I personally wanted all the things they improved on this new sled and they delivered. But what I did not expect was the 14k plus price tag. Yamaha just priced themselves out of selling alot of these sleds by trying to rape people for the stuff that should have already been fixed on the previous years sleds. I personally would love to have one of these and told my buddy at the dealer he better cut the price a chunk cause I am not spending that kind of ching for a sled. I for one am fine with the hp but to charge that kind of a price with no hp gain is ridiculous.

The only thing I wanted was more power. The only thing they didn't give me was more power.

I give it a 2/10. I certainly wont buy one. Definately not for that price. Im gunna keep my 06, put on the yamacharger this summer, and ride it another 2-3 seasons. Then, probably try to find a left over or lightly used 2010... There is NO WAY Im spending $15grand + tax on a new sled, Not because I don't have the money, simply because I REFUSE to spend that kinda $$$ on a new sled... Id rather tripple it and buy myself a brand new truck and a good left over sled.

This new sled does NOT have anything that makes it worth that price for me, I don't want power steering, I don't want EXUP exhaust... Only thing I want is more power and a mono that wont blow apart. So Im getting welterracers beef up kit and installing a yamacharger, then I'll have what I want. Yamaha won't build it, so I will....

Hand warmers that work new skis and zerk fittings...=$$$$$ ?

ontariof7 said:
9/10 for me. I really like the changes, at least on paper...lol

Ask some one who has a Yambike w/ that expensive ,over thought out $ound reducer(thats what it REALLY is..BTW ) EXUP really does nothing, but kill slow speed decibels..

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/produ ... tures.aspx

.."Four-into two-into one short-style exhaust system with Exhaust Ultimate Power valve (EXUP®), a stainless catalizer and oxygen sensor. Delivers outstanding power throughout the FZ1’s broad rpm range while meeting all emissions regulations."

Attachments

• 10MS_FZ1_red_S4_d927b45a.jpg
    10MS_FZ1_red_S4_d927b45a.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 98
Re: Hand warmers that work new skis and zerk fittings...=$$$

bobd1950 said:
ontariof7 said:
9/10 for me. I really like the changes, at least on paper...lol

Ask some one who has a Yambike w/ that expensive ,over thought out $ound reducer(thats what it REALLY is..BTW ) EXUP really does nothing, but kill slow speed decibels..

Thank you, my point exactly. Doesn't matter the brand of motorcycle, most anyone who wants more performance, removes the valve or locks it open! (you then meed to trick the ecu and the servo....that's a topic we will cover in the Fall when all the people get their new Apex's!)

Well I printed out a voucher for the free 4 year warranty just in case, but I really don't think I will be buying a new sled.. Dosn't hurt to have the voucher though....

shanksyamaha said:
The only thing I wanted was more power. The only thing they didn't give me was more power.

You may want to take a listen here: http://yournextsled.com/details.php
more power is clearly mentioned. It also reinforces my opinion that Yamaha clearly does a lot of thinking about what they decide to produce. He also mentions weight and I believe the net change will be close to zero. A 10 pound savings is mentioned just from getting rid of the springs on the SE.

Also, not sure why you guys are poo-pooing the exup. Do you think Yamaha goes through the countless engineering hours for the hell of it? Keep in mind that sled motors have a quite different operating envelope than bike motors... I have no experience with it so what do I know. The only problem I have with it will be the nightmare it creates for the turbo manu's. They will be going back to the drawing board.

I give the new Apex a solid 9 out of ten with the only demerit being the price increase. I am fortunate enough that it will not keep me from purchasing if my test ride goes well. I think when I go I will have to bring the wifes doo 1200 to compare back to back.

Back