• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How many of you are keeping your RX1?

polarisconvert

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2005 Yamaha RX1
Ted Jennety Clutching, jetting, air box mod.
Arctic Cat Z1 Turbo 128" Rear Suspension
128" Hacksaw 1" track.
Heated seat
I still have my 05 that I bought 2 yrs ago. It has been a great sled and does all that I want it to do.
I have never bought a new sled. I have a wrecker business and don't have that much time to ride. I usually get most of my riding in towards the end of the year. So it dosen't pay for me to spend that much money on a sled.
I would like a Apex, but I don't need one. I have raced 3 different Apexs and my RX1 has had no problems with them. Mine is clutched and air box and carb modes, they were probably stock.
Not real happy with my suspension but again it does what I need. I did have the rear shock revalved and it is much better. I will probably have it for several more years.
Bruce

I will be in my RX till it needs a rebuild then either turbo it or finally jump ship and go to a newer one. I LOVE how its set up right now and so not want to go through the trouble to set up with a newer one (cause I cant have anything stock).

Ride the RX another year!!

I'll be keeping mine as well personaly i don't like the rider forward . It's only got 14,000 miles on it so should be good for a few years yet . Just spend 1000 and get a adbovin ZX2 suspention .
Tom-RX!

rx1

Never parting with mine...Just spent 2 grand on mods..this thing runs so well I'd be afraid to switch to anything else..fifth season coming up can't wait to hit the powder ..It's heavy so what !!!I have never seen anyone throw the front end of a Doo/polaris/cat around either...

LW
:yam:

Heavy, so what.

I agree, the heavy part does not bother me.
Years ago I went on a trip with a 96 ZRT 800 and a ZR 440 (mine). I rode the ZR one day and then got stuck on the ZRT the nest. The fun factor was gone. I hated riding the ZRT, it was a heavy pig. I also had a FIII 600 and went to a XC600 twin. That also was a big difference in the fun factor. But with the RX1 the weight does not bother me. I don't know if it is because it has electric start and reverse? I just trail ride now alone with lining them up when ever I can. My transfer is set high so the front feels light and is up on commnad. I don't fly through the woods so not concerned with pushing in the corners but love the front end coming up as I crest a rolls in the trails.
The engine is the best part of the sled. No cold start/run problems. No hesitations. I have owned a lot of modified sleds. Big bores, pipes reeds, porting and so on and I am still paying for them (the mods) . I still have a 870 Polaris BB twin that I have not touched sense I bought the RX1. I have to say this RX1 is one of the fastest sleds I have owned and it is close to stock. Just a great clutch and carb set up.
I try not to ride the newer sleds until I am ready to buy one. Then I don't know what I am missing unless I read about them. I did ride a Rev 600 HO that I rebuilt for a friend and my knees would never make it. I did like how it handled the bumps but that was it. If I ever want to switch it a Apex then I will beg for a ride to see if I would like it.
Bruce

Ill be keeping my RX also! Just but an Expert X under it and have done of bunch of other mods. I just cant wait to try it all out! :letsnow:

I took ownership of mine my 03 in sept. 02 and while Ive wanted a different sled at times Im definately riding mine for a couple more years. Doing the seat and handle bar mod this year. 136 -144 rear skid and if money holds out a carb and filter kit. its just fun to stab the throttle on a hardpack trail and leave people listening the the sound of four stroke doom!!

I have 2 I will keep. An 03 and an 05. Both have mono's. I have done the usual front end stuff including wide kits. I have moved the bars forward with articulating risers, and relocated the speedo so you can see it. They handle great, ride well, and are reliable. For what I'd get out of them, I'll just keep them. I usually keep 4 sleds for the family so eventually these will be the two extras. My wife rides a Phazer GT. I am selling a Vmax700 and will most likely get an Apex and have all 4strokes.

With machines I usually find that new things are more trouble than they're worth. New things break frequently, due to defects, setup, getting used to it, etc. Old things don't break so often -- the defects have already gone wrong and are fixed, its setup the way it needs to be, you're used to it, and on top of that you've reinforced things that need to be reinforced. My 03 is now in that state where with *minimal* regular maintenance, it should go without major issues for several years, so I won't even think of buying another sled until at LEAST 2013, though could be as late as 2018.

LazyBastard said:
I won't even think of buying another sled until at LEAST 2013, though could be as late as 2018.

Could be hoverbiles by then. lol I can't imagine what would be out 10 years from now. :Rockon:

Love my 05 Warrior. New track, drive shaft, all new bearings, new ZX2 rear skid. The motor has only 10,000 miles on it. I figure its good for 10,000 more. Maybe I'll get a new one then? 2013 maybe?

I still like the sled and enjoy riding it!

Back