• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How many of you are keeping your RX1?

Black 1000 said:
I have 2 03's one, mine, with 7000kms and my wifes with 16000kms. Mine has lots of mods and hers we are putting an 05 seat and raising the handlebars. We will both be riding them for a while yet
:nos

Boy is she out riding you :jump: kms whats that kilos per mili seconds I never did understand the metric system. :o|

Sorry mine is in miles. Hers is about 12000 miles. Both with Expert X's hers has Ohlins piggys up front mine has Floats and mine is outfitted with N2O :nos :jump:

Hmm keeping mine 05, 5500Km /3417 mils. About to put a -08 GT Warrior mono on it...
Must say the Yamaha Quality was alot better on my SX viper, but I do like the engine.

I love my 04 and will keep it till she dies! I am in
the process of painting right now, fresh look for the upcoming season. maybe Ill post a pick when Im done.

Love my '05 Warrior!

As LB said, I have fixed most of the weak points in the chassis.
Am currently changing track, rear suspension, paint, graphics, etc.

The absolute best thing about this sled is the ENGINE!!!
Totally love the power!

As the chassis gets tougher and lighter, I love it even more!

As a few have stated, wouldn't get too much if sold, so it has become a mod sled.
Having major fun modding and still runs great and is a blast!!! Why sell it at this point?

Last two years I've trekked down to both Snowmobile shows here in the GTA and kept my wallet in my back pocket. Sure a new Apex or FX Nytro would look good in the trailer, but I only have 9000Kms and so far have only changed oil, plugs, carbides, sliders and the track. That's some serious reliability! Add in some custom paint and an ECP kit and I have this sled dialed in to where I like it.

As expensive as this hobby/sport is, keeping costs down by maximizing the life cycle of a sled is just plain smart. My two brothers have yet to embrace the 4 stroke revolution, at the end of the season one had a cylinder go down on his Mach Z and the other has a yet undiagnosed motor ailment on his SRX600. After changing the oil and sliders this past weekend I'm on the trailer waiting for the the snow to fall while they are scrambling to get repaired and ready.

I will likely keep this unit for awhile or at least until one of my brothers wises up and buys it off me!!!

RX-1

Some of you guy's talk about cutting weight off their RX. What kind of mods have you done ? Any weight saving mods I've investigated either compromise reliability (such as smaller batterys- I want it to start at -35 !), or are VERY expensive (exotic metals, etc.) I am installing an Ohlins monoshock to save a few pounds ;)!

Traildemon

There's no easy way if you're not going the exotic metals way. A smaller battery will crank just as good as a big one, but it won't do it for just as long as the big one does.

I have not gone the exotic metals route, I've lost 90+ lbs or 41+ kgs, it's an extensive read but there's a lot of things you can do by removing weight. All the little things adds up :)

Here's a link - the building of my mod sled

http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php? ... sc&start=0

^^^
Nice job on the seat mod, looks like you definetly sit up higher for a more active position. How much did that ebay seat run you?

I'll keep mine until it dies, and since it's a Yamaha that won't be anytime soon! There's only like 3700 miles on it, 05 Warrior. The guy I bought it from only used it literally once a year for a week in Maine. I dropped about 1200 miles on it last year and hope to equal or surpass that this year.

I'm still keeping my warrior but opened it up replacing a cracked bulkhead. Found most of the bushings in bad shape. Nothing fatal but I would recommend that if you have 5K or so replace the bulkhead bushings and the bushings on the W arm.

Oh ... and I get to do exhausting donuts too...

Wish I had started this back in September!

RaWarrior said:
^^^
Nice job on the seat mod, looks like you definetly sit up higher for a more active position. How much did that ebay seat run you?

I'll keep mine until it dies, and since it's a Yamaha that won't be anytime soon! There's only like 3700 miles on it, 05 Warrior. The guy I bought it from only used it literally once a year for a week in Maine. I dropped about 1200 miles on it last year and hope to equal or surpass that this year.

I will assume this was in reply to my post with my foam added seat in this thread, if so the seat was $150 shipped and about $40 in materials. I didn't need the seat to do this modification but I wanted the original untouched in case I wanted to go back.

I also will keep mine till it dies. I have about 9 grand on it(miles) Just added an apex seat with rox risers. Love it even more! Its stayin in the stable!

It will be many years before I buy a new sled, if ever. With the rising costs of sleds, and the crappy mild winters, I cannot justify the cash outlay. Rather put the money into my fleet of sportbikes.

I am in the process of making many updates to my 03 RX1, it has been a terrific sled and will be even better this year. Overall, my 2000 SRX is still the best sled of my fleet, 12,000 miles of high performance without having to spend a dime on repairs.

The ongoing projects have become too much fun.
Too much invested in bloody knuckles.
300+ HP and loss of 100lbs makes for a great lake sled.
My trail time now is 0!

Back