• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How many trouble free miles?

i had an 07 FX 4500 plus miles no problems (hit a tree) - i have an 09 RTX with 2500 miles no problems - i read the forums - i make myself familiar with the product and make sure i look things over. I've had to YeS warranties and had limited use of either.

woolyviper said:
i had an 07 FX 4500 plus miles no problems (hit a tree) - i have an 09 RTX with 2500 miles no problems - i read the forums - i make myself familiar with the product and make sure i look things over. I've had to YeS warranties and had limited use of either.

I do too and have for some time. Between my wife and I, we have put less than 400 miles on it and so far I have had it in for the balljoint and ground recall, did the tunnel enclosure and had the fan installed. The dealer did me a solid and installed the fan for free as he was in there doing the ground harness recall. So far the prices for these fixes have been admirable. A 100 bucks for the tunnel enclosure is a sweet deal when you look at all you get. I got my fan for 160 installed. No complaints there either.

This sled is pampered and always will be. The starter thing worries me as does this relay I had to heat up with a hair dryer to work.

My issue is winters are short. Take a sled into the shop anytime between december and february and its going to sit for a couple weeks waiting to get fixed.

Cant imagine what I would do without the internet.

i went 9000km trouble free! now after 14,000km on my machine ive had all the problems happen that seemed to pop up for other people.. hope im good for another 9000km

I had the same feeling when my starter went in late Febuary/ early March right towards the end of last season. Dealer confirmed it shot, put 1 on order and asked if I wanted to leave it there to fix.
Nope, had to ride.... 2 weeks later a starter came in. Told 'em to hold it for me I'd be in when the season was over.

Started it the whole month with a few key primes & a tie down strap around the clutch, PITA but I was riding.

Good way to kick off the 1st annual NY Phazer ride
mexicoride008.jpg

i purchased my sled unknowingly (ne to sledding) with a blown riight front shock, right slider is toast, handle bars have stress cracks, and the rear suspension doesnt hold me up at all (and im 185lbs)

and i still love it!!
just got some work to do before hitting the mountains.

I have had 2 trouble free years, going on 3. The 07 Phazer MTX has never been at the dealer. I just do regular maintenance shtuff like sliders and idler bearings. Nothing that has put me on the sideline has happened. Knock on wood haha.

The only troubles I have with my Phazer are ones I create by hitting stumps and rocks and rolling it down a hill. Well except for the starter going out at the end of last year but the "YES" yamaha extended service plan covered that.

Back