• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How much HP on the new Apex?

From what I hear, it weighs the same as the Attack..... with only 157-160hp...

I was talking to the owner of a Yamaha dealer today about the 2011. He states that Yamaha took off 40lbs and put it back on EPS, Track etc. He believes it will be 8-10hp more. Weight should be around the 590lbs for the SE.

MUSKOKA APEX RTX 07 said:
160 HP is what the Yamaha rep told us at the Yamaha ride this weekend in Ontongue Lake Muskoka.

I was told the same thing with peak HP @ 10300 RPM. Should fly when the good tuners get at it.

160+yamcharger=180

the above sled will bring a ton of smiles,and should walk anything on the lake.

after our demo ride i was very impressed with the incredible smooth feel compared to my 06.

steering is like no other,it does feel 100lbs lighter and the xtx was the clear winner amongst most riders,SE is also incredible with just a slight more amt of ski lift/less traction then the XTX.

I am partial to black and want the floats so id be going with a SE for sure,but XTX is incredible.

easiest way to describe the 2011 apex is when getting off my 06 and on the 11....felt like going from a chev to a lexus......simply incredible overal...this is why they wanted people to ride these sleds and not judge them on spECS alone....SPECS dont do this sled justice at all,if you love your 06-10 apex,you will love the new one ten times more,its that much better.

now take that ride,handling and bump absorption,add 10hp,get rid of all our 06 issues,then add 20hp from a yamcharger and you got the best sled on snow bar none. Even without the charger the 11s make an 06 "feel" ancient,and you guys know my 06 is mint,and well maintained....

overpriced,yes......do i want one anyway,YES!

My 06 will stay in my stable since its fast and immaculate,but a new 11 will be a nice addition.

Dan

2011 Apex XTX

Dan,

Nice post! Question - Me and my wife each have an 07 Attak GT which has the 136" track. Since you rode the XTX with the 144 how do you feel it would be different than a 136? Did it push in the corners or did it rail?

I dont know if I can swing it this year - would love to have two new ones but might have to wait until 2012 model year. I am hoping and praying they will offer the XTX Apex pkg in 2012. Do you think Yamaha will - surely they arent going to abandon the Apex line now for a few years.

We don't get a chance to ride much as one of our sleds has 2100 miles and one has 1500 and we have had them for 3 years. It is hard to justify that kind of money for no more than we get to ride but i love the idea of EPS. I think it would make a huge difference in fatigue. I am thinking of riding one but afraid that would seal the deal to buy, lol.

Thanks!

Mark

2011 Apex XTX

Dan,

Nice post! Question - Me and my wife each have an 07 Attak GT which has the 136" track. Since you rode the XTX with the 144 how do you feel it would be different than a 136? Did it push in the corners or did it rail?

I dont know if I can swing it this year - would love to have two new ones but might have to wait until 2012 model year. I am hoping and praying they will offer the XTX Apex pkg in 2012. Do you think Yamaha will - surely they arent going to abandon the Apex line now for a few years.

We don't get a chance to ride much as one of our sleds has 2100 miles and one has 1500 and we have had them for 3 years. It is hard to justify that kind of money for no more than we get to ride but i love the idea of EPS. I think it would make a huge difference in fatigue. I am thinking of riding one but afraid that would seal the deal to buy, lol.

Thanks!

Mark

2011 sled

i,ll have to agree with rockerdan on the new sled. i already ordered the new "se" a couple of weeks ago but if the xtx was in black i would have ordered it. i,ve got an apex gt and a nytro xtx most people riding on trails unless you are really pushing it would,nt notice the difference in the lengths of the tracks. i,ve been reading all the ride reports and one thing i find curious is the people riding the sled in the states alot of them were not that impressed. most of the people in canada who rode then seem to have a different opinion. makes me wonder if they are set-up different.

Nice post Dan!!! I know a sled needs to be a total package but HOW IS THE MOTOR... I know ours are broke in, have clutch kits ,studs and other goodies but do you think these demo sleds could run with our sleds??? Thanks for your input..

Back