• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How necessary is a skid plate on the Nytro

Stock pan looks thick? You've never had it off, have you?!? Stock pan might as well be a sheet of paper. It is worthless for protection. I bolted a skid plate on my RX-1 after I saw my buddy bend his heat exchanger right into his track on a chunk of ice. The skid plate was the first thing I bought for my nytro before it even had 1 mile on it. Best $75 I have spent on it. Saves me from totaling my sled.....yes, the insurance company will total your sled if you bust your heat exchanger. $75 saves you $7500. Is it even a question? They should come stock, yes!

Check this out!

Attachments

• Skidplate Blk.jpg
    Skidplate Blk.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 91
shaddow44 said:
Hornet Handler said:
Check this out!

More info on this please...looks solid

It is the new skidplate from Roest Racing. I got one of the first ones. They should be ready in 5 days. 3/16 aluminum, CNC machined to fit like OEM. All fasteners (stainless) are recessed or hidden. No crappy aluminum rivnuts. Doesn't deform or put holes in your side panels. Here are some final production pics.

Attachments

• Skpl Fnl 1.jpg
    Skpl Fnl 1.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 81
  • Skpl Fnl 2.jpg
    Skpl Fnl 2.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 82
  • Skidplate Rear.jpg
    Skidplate Rear.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 80
Here's a good example of why you need a real skidplate on a Nytro. Ripped the OEM plastic right off.

Attachments

• Need skidplate.jpg
    Need skidplate.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 82
Hornet Handler said:
Here's a good example of why you need a real skidplate on a Nytro. Ripped the OEM plastic right off.

Your REALLY lucky. If that would have been a foot back, you could say goodbye to your heat exchanger. $75 part to save a total loss of your sled. Makes sense to me.

Hornet Handler said:

Looks just like mine after last weekend's VT ride (fox floats down a little too far....) . I looked under the sled & noticed the stock plate was gone! The heat exchanger is really vulnerable without the plate for sure!

I am installing the Roest skid plate & Yamaha float plate this weekend. I am now a believer!

Back