• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

how to change sliders using reverse method?

Nytro RTX Guy said:
I didn't try the reverse method but did use a pair of channel locks to grab the slider after working it through the window. Grab and pull with all your might! Came right out ;)!

This is the way that I have always done it on my other sleds! It works good enough I guess but the reverse method does sound interesting!!

wouldent doin that make it shoot up under tunnel?
if the track is spinning how does it go stright back
sorry i just dont get it

08nytrofx said:
sorry i just dont get it

This method seemed confusing to me as well. Then I had to do a trailside Hyfax swap last winter and decided to give it try since the day really couldn't get any worse.

Pull the hyfax thru any track window about 4" then lightly tap the throttle while in reverse with the rear end of the sled held off the ground. The hyfax does not slide off, it PEELS off and drops onto the ground.

A few bystanders were watching me setup for this and they had a "That dude is an idiot" smirk on their face. Then 3 seconds later, the hyfax was sitting on the ground and their jaws dropped. It was awesome!

This method works.

08nytrofx said:
sorry i just dont get it

They would go forwards, under the front of the sled, but usually only if you're going a little fast or they bounce up off the ground and get hit by the track. Just do it once, you'll be in awe. I like to go around 4" sticking out the back, put it in reverse with the track off the ground and just use enough throttle to get the clutch to engage. It's really cool, you have to try it. I wish I'd had known this little trick many years ago, would have saved a lot of time.

I've done it in forward on sleds without reverse. You have to peel the hyfax enough to get it through the windows at the front. It is a lot easier to simply slide them out the rear windows and reverse.

If you don't have reverse, just get ahold of the track real well and spin it by hand in reverse (gloves are nice for this). Takes some uumph, but it works.

I've done this as well and it works very well. When I put the new slides on I put vaseline along the inside length of the slides and they come off even easier the next time.

are these the steps

1. Put sled on stand andTake screws out of the slides

2. Tap slides down the rail so the are sticking out of the track windows.

3. Start sled and put it in reverse

4. Tap the throttle so track starts to move. this will cause the track to peel the slide from the rail.

Should you do one slide at a time or can you do both at the same time?

Swiss Sledder said:
Raise track off the floor, loosen screw holding in hyfax, carefully pound hyfax down rail so that it sticks out track window by about 3 cm, start sled, put into reverse and tap the throttle. Track will peel the hyfax right off.

That's why I love this site. Great tip. ;)!

garserio said:
This method seemed confusing to me as well. Then I had to do a trailside Hyfax swap last winter and decided to give it try since the day really couldn't get any worse.

You carry slides with you on the trail? Where do you put them?

garserio said:
08nytrofx said:
sorry i just dont get it

Pull the hyfax thru any track window about 4" then lightly tap the throttle while in reverse with the rear end of the sled held off the ground. The hyfax does not slide off, it PEELS off and drops onto the ground.

A few bystanders were watching me setup for this and they had a "That dude is an idiot" smirk on their face. Then 3 seconds later, the hyfax was sitting on the ground and their jaws dropped. It was awesome!

This method works.

LOL ;)!

Back