• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How to change sliders

I think Farmer has it pretty well covered. The only thing I do differently is use measurements side to side from a fixed point to the axle. I snug up the tensioners until I get a sloppy two-finger sag on both sides in the track w/o weight on it (yours will probably need to be tighter if you are running factory drivers- I run extros). Then I start measuring and adjusting until I get the sag I like with nearly identical measurements side to side. Tighten the axle. Once I'm happy with the tension, I run the track like farmer said and make sure it's not drifting to one side or the other.

That reverse thing does not compute. Once the slider is through a window and you spin the track how does it not get wedged. Thanks for the video but the slider isn't on the rail when you do it.

You need to get enough of the slider through a window at the back of the track. Maybe 2 inch, When the track rotates in reverse the clip on the track wedges between the top of the slider and the bottom of the rail, peeling it off the rail. It basicly breaks the sides of the slider free from the rail channel as that clip moves towards the front of the sled. Hope this makes sense. Video was not great, maybe i'll take a better one in another 500k when I have to change the sliders again!

I am going to try it right now. I didn't want to cut your video down, I just can't get how the slider comes out the window in the front. Don't worry I am going to do it and then I will understand. Thanks for the tip.

If unsure about it do the same as video but just turn the track by hand instead of running the sled in reverse. This will make it easier to understand and will give you more control.

I had a 2008 Nytro that made it 5200 miles with the original Hi-fax. They wear fast to the wear mark and seemed to stop wearing. I would ride it and keep a eye on them. Same experience so far with my 09 Nytro. Enjoy!

I tried the reverse method... ended up using a decent size pair of vice grips and I just peeled them off starting at the front. It didn't take much time at all after I gave up on trying to pound the sliders out of the track. I tried the pounding and reverse methods with no luck. If your changing them for the first time, def just drop the skid and check thing over... if your in a hurry and your just doing a mid season change, peel em. ;-)

Pull skid. Take air chisel and get them started back (after removing front screw). Pull them off with vice grips. Graphite entire rail and reinstall. Remember to check top "white" stoppers at the top front of the skid. I have been replacing them as well-heavy wear as well.

I'm trying to replace the hifax on my XTX...and don't own an air chisel. Attempting to use a manual chisel and hammer is only serving to gouge the old hifax--it won't budge. (Yes, I've removed the screw). Any other suggestions?

Grab them with a pair of vice grips and peel them off starting from the front.

I just took a razer knife and opened 2 of the track holes just a little and pull the old ones out and re install new ones back through the same holes. I can now change slides in under 10 min and that includes puttin the screwdriver and vice grips away. ;)! Dont get much easyier than that. :Rockon:

Back