• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How to Change spark plugs? please help

Iron Phazer

i have a 2007 phazer and it turns over just wont start. i have a feeling its a combination of bad plugs and bad gas. can someone please help me and explain, step by step how to check and change plugs? i have removed seat, but not sure what to do next... i read you must remove the gas tank. how do i do that? i am clueless with this sled and am leaning on the yamaha forum to walk me thru this. thanks to anyone who replies. i am trying to get it fixed before next weekend as we are going to out cabin and my kids want to ride their sled...

Take the seat off and any body panels you need to get all around the gas tank. Unplug the connection in front and on top of the gas tank. Don't need to remove the vent though. Take the tank off and set it aside.

From there you will see the black ignition coils, remove them and down in there are the spark plugs.

Let me know if you need more help/dident make sense.

Based on what I have seen here the Phazer seems to be rather hard on plugs. Why in the hell would Yamaha build something that you have to scrap to get at the plugs. A blown plug on the trail and your done. Then again my Apex is not much better to access the plugs but I haven't read much about them fouling plugs as much as the Phazer seems to.........am I wrong here.

Phazernut said:
Based on what I have seen here the Phazer seems to be rather hard on plugs. Why in the hell would Yamaha build something that you have to scrap to get at the plugs. A blown plug on the trail and your done. Then again my Apex is not much better to access the plugs but I haven't read much about them fouling plugs as much as the Phazer seems to.........am I wrong here.

The first time take a long time, Seccond time it took me 15 mins to get to them and 20 to put it back together. because i know what i was doing and wasn't worried about breaking stuff.

Hope this helps everyone that has starting issues change their plugs!

Once the tank is off its easy to get to the plugs.

Attachments

• Remove fuel tank.jpg
    Remove fuel tank.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 4,184
good info yamahas.

fouling plugs is caused by shutting down when light is still on & not getting the machine up to temp.
other than that there shouldn't be a problem. bad fuel or not.

remove panels, remove fuel line in front of tank, slide tank back some, remove coils, then plugs. & reverse process.
few extensions & universals may be needed to make it easier.

I have it done to the point of removing the gas tank. I have it slid back and was able to get at the right side coil and plug i got that all done. Now I am having trouble pulling the coil off the left side plug. There is no room to pull it. Im assuming taking the tank all the way off would fix that problem. There is a clear tube running to the top of the tank and a black one at the bottom. Do I need to remove both of them? I am afraid to try because im assuming I have to drain all the gas out of the tank before lol

i have taken all of the hoses off and fuel only leaks for what ever is in the hose.

clear tube is the vent & the black 1 is the supply line. you can take these off & some fuel will dribble out of the black line. there is a check ball or something in there to prevent spilling.

i have a 2007 phazer and it turns over just wont start. i have a feeling its a combination of bad plugs and bad gas. can someone please help me and explain, step by step how to check and change plugs? i have removed seat, but not sure what to do next... i read you must remove the gas tank. how do i do that? i am clueless with this sled and am leaning on the yamaha forum to walk me thru this. thanks to anyone who replies. i am trying to get it fixed before next weekend as we are going to out cabin and my kids want to ride their sled...

Pass this along to the group... I've read some of the guys posts, heelpful. However nothing beats a good "How to" video!

Here is an awesome video on how to change the Spark Plugs on a Yamaha Phazer:

Here is a great video on how to change the spark plugs on a Yamaha Phazer: Please pass this along, it is very helpful!!!

Back