• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How to change your Yamaha Snowmobile belt!!

MrSled

Site Admin/CEO
Staff member
Website
www.totallyamaha.com
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2020 Sidewinder SRX
UPDATE: Here is a quick video on how to change your Yamaha Snowmobile belt with no tools other then your hands. Im sure most of you know how or have your own method but I thought this would be a great little video to share when I was working in the shop.

Update: Version 2:

Last edited:

Here is a quick video on how to change your Yamaha Snowmobile belt with no tools other then your hands. Im sure most of you know how or have your own method but I thought this would be a great little video to share when I was working in the shop.

Keep up with these great video's, very informative. TY ROCKS.

X2, I think these videos were a great idea and a great addition to an already awesome site. Although I may have my own way of doing some of these things, I like watching your videos to see if there is a better way or possibly something I wasn't aware of. ;)!

Great Vid thanks, there was a guy on TY that made a tool for a belt change on a Apex plus a Vid also, I bought 1 of his tools works fantastic, really nice to have trail side.

Been doing it that same way forever. On the two strokes I lay them on their side as it makes the pushing that much easier. I didn’t realize there was much to it until my brother was trying to figure it out on a new to him sled the other day.

Been doing it that same way forever. On the two strokes I lay them on their side as it makes the pushing that much easier. I didn’t realize there was much to it until my brother was trying to figure it out on a new to him sled the other day.

and thats why I made the Video.. I have another method that will allow it to be easy for those that are not that strong.

Great Video and that about how easy it is on a stock machine but there is no way in heck you can change it that fast on my Viper the secondary spring is like a front coil spring out of a 1967 Chevy Impala.

Great Video and that about how easy it is on a stock machine but there is no way in heck you can change it that fast on my Viper the secondary spring is like a front coil spring out of a 1967 Chevy Impala.

I can :) I will do a Sidewinder Belt Change Video this weekend..

That would be awesome maybe we can start a contest and time are selfs and see who the fastest belt changer is. I can change that belt in ???? Seconds

That would be awesome maybe we can start a contest and time are selfs and see who the fastest belt changer is. I can change that belt in ???? Seconds

Might be the excuse I need to actually get in the gym and start working out. Oh wait - they’re closed. Guess I will go pound fence posts instead. No snow yet and the frost isn’t very deep

Somewhere I heard about the trick of using one of the box wrenches in the tool kit (14mm?) and putting it on one of the bolts on the helix. You use the wrench to give you leverage to turn the helix clockwise as you push in on it. It really makes changing the belt a snap.

Somewhere I heard about the trick of using one of the box wrenches in the tool kit (14mm?) and putting it on one of the bolts on the helix. You use the wrench to give you leverage to turn the helix clockwise as you push in on it. It really makes changing the belt a snap.

Yes that a good trick, its a 12mm from your tool kit. I am going to work on another VID for the Sidewinder and I can show that method.

We have a TY channel? Where the hell have I been? Nice vid.

Back