• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How to disable TORS on 2003 RX-1 ER

kimoajaj

Expert
This weekend the TORS started giving me trouble, first I didn`t know what was wrong with my sled, but after a while I figured out it had to be the TORS system.

Sled only has about 350km`s on it so I was kind of dissapointed when I fired her up and she wouldn`t let meg go over 3000 rpm. I let her idle until warm, then I tried several time to increase the RPM and then suddenly she was fine. (snowed like hell the day before when I was riding, so I guess some of it hit the TORS switch and that`s why it`s bugging me.

I don`t want this to happen, so I wonder how I should disable it?.
I doubt that my throttle will get stuck so I want to disable it.

Another question, I thought that the warning lamp would be flashing or something when the TORS kicked in, which it didn`t...

Elsewise the RX-1 pleases me even more and more as the days go by:) (got her three weeks ago, brand new ).

Joakim

there are two sets of wires on the right top side of the motor (right if you are sitting on the sled) disconnect them and reconnect them the only other way they will fit (male/female). I would def. get it looked at as this is a safety device that you are over riding.

192 Woodys said:
there are two sets of wires on the right top side of the motor (right if you are sitting on the sled) disconnect them and reconnect them the only other way they will fit (male/female). I would def. get it looked at as this is a safety device that you are over riding.

My dealer told me that this would not work on my RX-1, but I have an 04. Will this really work or not?

Hmm ok, so I don`t have to add any new wires or connections to do it?.

What is the most common reason for the TORS to kick in when it shouldn`t ? .

The most common reason is having a cable routed incorrectly and causing it to be tight setting off the TORS function. Make sure there is about a 1/8-1/4'' slack up by your throttle block before the cable pulls on the carbs.

kimoajaj said:
This weekend the TORS started giving me trouble, first I didn`t know what was wrong with my sled, but after a while I figured out it had to be the TORS system.

Sled only has about 350km`s on it so I was kind of dissapointed when I fired her up and she wouldn`t let meg go over 3000 rpm. I let her idle until warm, then I tried several time to increase the RPM and then suddenly she was fine. (snowed like hell the day before when I was riding, so I guess some of it hit the TORS switch and that`s why it`s bugging me.

I don`t want this to happen, so I wonder how I should disable it?.
I doubt that my throttle will get stuck so I want to disable it.

Another question, I thought that the warning lamp would be flashing or something when the TORS kicked in, which it didn`t...

Elsewise the RX-1 pleases me even more and more as the days go by:) (got her three weeks ago, brand new ).

Joakim

Ok, I had this problem this last weekend. I was steamed that a sled with 50 miles on her would do this. Took it back to the dealer and sure enough it started it again. Come to find out I had left her outside at the bar and ice and formed by the throttle. As soon as the dealer cleaned it out no more problem.

Maybe it isn`t necessary to disconnect it if I only learn how to make it stop kicking in when it shouldn`t :) Or, if the disabeling is very easy, I can just disable it the few times it kicks in for no reason, and then enable it later on, becasue it mostly happens just after start up when the sled is cold. (guess the engine heat makes the ice melt).

Hook,
I have an '04 and you can disable it just fine.

I bought my sled last year during a snowstorm. Brought it home without a cover on the sled (3 mile trip) Got it home &#^$ wouldn't run, loaded it back on the trailer hauled it back to the dealer, he cleaned out the switch laughed at me and threw me a cover to take it back home with. Never had a problem since, till the mice decided to chew on it this summer.

LB,
Do other sleds have a TORS system? If not, should we fear all other sleds on the trail for frozen throttles?

Mine has acted up once when it was cold and it did it's job becuase the cable was frozen. My polaris sleds used to have something Silimar. Ski-doo uses a teather.

F1Rocks said:
Hook,
I have an '04 and you can disable it just fine.

I bought my sled last year during a snowstorm. Brought it home without a cover on the sled (3 mile trip) Got it home &#^$ wouldn't run, loaded it back on the trailer hauled it back to the dealer, he cleaned out the switch laughed at me and threw me a cover to take it back home with. Never had a problem since, till the mice decided to chew on it this summer.

LB,
Do other sleds have a TORS system? If not, should we fear all other sleds on the trail for frozen throttles?

Other sleds have tethers. They LEGALLY require some method of managing a frozen throttle. In fact, disabling the TORS is itself illegal, and you can get fined for driving without it.

is it illegal to run in Ont. without a teather hooked onto you on the other brands ?
just curious

Back