• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How to measure stator output

wincendf

Veteran
How do I measure stator output? Should I check when the sled is running or with the key in the on position?

With sled running, should show about 13.5 to 14.3 volts, if it doesn't yell back and I'll tell ya how to test stator direct.

With sled running, should show about 13.5 to 14.3 volts, if it doesn't yell back and I'll tell ya how to test stator direct.

Could you tell me how to test it direct, the meter keeps jumping around to much to get a solid reading

Well you need a good reading,, you're not getting a good connection with your multimeter leads.
but to check direct output.
Pull under front nose cone and unplug 3 wire plug from stator that plugs into regulator, with meter on AC, ground black lead and check all 3 prongs while running, all 3 should be same, if 1 prong is way lower, than 1 phase of your 3 phase stator is bad (replace).
But always make sure wires from stator to regulator has not rubbed thru, Larry
Why are you worried about stator??

My display isn't working and I was looking at the trouble shooting steps and that is one of them. If it got that far in trouble shooting I just wanted to know how to test it. I'm really hoping its just the relays. I have a good used verified working until and when I plug it in that one doesn't work either.

When my stator went out my pod worked fine, just not chargeing

Did you find that it was the relays?
Did you find the problem? My Vector -06 do the same, no lights and odo but runns fine and i have 14.4volt in idle. Gonna check the leads from the stator to see if it give the same voltage at the three wires.

Back