• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How wide are 05 rx1 mountain or apex mountain skiis?

There much wider not sure how wide I'd have to measure. If I had to guess I would say 7-8". They made a huge difference in the flotation of the sled. I might try the Gen2 next year.

I have them both on my rx1 shorty and my mountain best mod I have made on both of these sleds. I would say a wider ski are an absolute must on these sleds. It stops the plowing and gets you on top of the snow. You will not be disapointed if you put wider skis on.

Question: Are the 03 RX1 Mountain skis wider than the standard 03 RX1 skis; sorry for such a newbie question-little experience on the 4 stroke side and less with mountain sleds. Thanks.

BigMan76 said:
Question: Are the 03 RX1 Mountain skis wider than the standard 03 RX1 skis; sorry for such a newbie question-little experience on the 4 stroke side and less with mountain sleds. Thanks.

yes

I used stud boys duece runners got rid of the darting for me.

Will the stud boy duece's stop darting in crusty snow? The Yamaha Mountain skis are extremely dangerous in the spring. I won't let my wife drive the sled at all. I am looking into new skis to buy.

On trail I never have darting issue. Off trail in sping crust I don't think it would matter what type of runners you had. The 05 skis grab in spring snow.

skis

I got a set of PPD X-MT skis for my 03 RX1 when I had it... they are 7" wide as well, but have three carbides, and no darting whatsoever. $400 US when I bought them, but have liked them so far.

I now have an 05 Vector mountain, and going to be replacing the stock skis on it w/ the PPD's...

Nomad

Back