• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hurricane tune got beat

Carpet Guy

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Yamaha sidewinder
So I'm kinda disappointed that I got beat today buy a 280 set up from another tune and mine is the 300 bundle tune was running 19 psi for boost and probably 8700 rpm,both the same sleds and I had more stuff done to mine so I need to figure out the clutching

Last edited:

More specifics.
Sanctioned or just racing your buddy type racing,
Surface, length.
Tough job specking this style/class sled isn’t it?
I mean, how sure can you be with your claim?

I'm still running stock, but dont you want to be running 8900 rpms? Same sled is fine but if one is picked and or has more picks that can hurt top end. A tight track will have a tough run against a loose track. Plus some motors are just stronger too. What tune was he running?

So what? Setup is everything. He may be clutched better than you. Did he have the same gearing, studs, suspension setup?

There are so many variables. A good setup can overcome a bad setup with more horsepower. It happens every day.

To many variables just playing on trails or lake imo.

I race a tuned 900t. Supposedly 215HP and was about a sled each time on him at the end. I think he should have one but oh well. Happens is right

yup. These things are not just plug and play. The more you test and adjust, the better your set up becomes.
More specifics.
Sanctioned or just racing your buddy type racing,
Surface, length.
Tough job specking this style/class sled isn’t it?
I mean, how sure can you be with your claim?
So what? Setup is everything. He may be clutched better than you. Did he have the same gearing, studs, suspension setup?

There are so many variables. A good setup can overcome a bad setup with more horsepower. It happens every day.
We r both studded hes got 48 more tho my track is tighter and we do have different clutching

clutching and track tension alone will contribute to one running faster. That plus traction.

Muffler difference on each, Studs, clutch setup, suspension setup, RPM, belt being used. You got to know how to tune it and what you need to beat the other guy. Like has been said, its not plug and play. I can take a 600 and beat a sidewinder on the ice if your not setup to play.

The HP rating means nothing.

Back