• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hyfax change

mike800

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
137" Procross
Take this for what it's worth. I had a young gentleman observe a hyfax install I was doing and wanted to know why it slid on all but the last 6-8" without forcing it. I can't stand the look of discolored corroded aluminum so I have powdercoated many of my skids. That smooth surface, plus filing smooth the back edge of the rails, some spray grease and relief cutting the hyfax at the curve has been something I have done for many years.

Attachments

• hyfax relief cuts.jpeg
    hyfax relief cuts.jpeg
    128.3 KB · Views: 224

I have always painted a little never-cease on the inside where it rides the curve. Nice job on the relief cuts.

Cool idea.

I have run hot water in the bath tub and let the sliders soak for 15 min. Nice and hot - they slide on pretty good.
MS

Anyone able to find the Dupont hyfax sliders for the Sidewinders ? ... (I have a 2022 LTX GT 137")

Anyone able to find the Dupont hyfax sliders for the Sidewinders ? ... (I have a 2022 LTX GT 137")
Have them on my Sidewinder for 4 years now. They are a little wider and you can either remove the skid or a slight trim of a window on either side of the track to fit.

Have them on my Sidewinder for 4 years now. They are a little wider and you can either remove the skid or a slight trim of a window on either side of the track to fit.
In the 2024 Cat accessory catalog there is a new slider offered. It's called the "Tiger Slide Wear Strip" Part# 8639-422. They have the Dupont inserts but are inset diagonally so that the strip is narrower than the regular dupont sliders. I'm headed over to the dealer to order them this week. They weren't available in the spring, but I figure if I order them now I might get them by the end of next season.

Maybe its just a second supplier or a new dupont, hard to say but choice is always good.

I originally thought that there were two versions of the dupont vespel slides. In some pictures they overlap significantly more than in others but maybe its just a difference between the brand versions (polaris/doo/etc).

Last edited:
I wouldn't think AC/Textron would go through another patent litigation suit.... These are most likely Dupont sliders but offered in white.... As the description states

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230606_183325.jpg
    Screenshot_20230606_183325.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 128
Country cat has the DuPont in stock. I ordered them from a local dealer and got them yesterday. They are wider and thicker. I just sprayed the rail and hyrax with silicone and they went right thru the track window without cutting

Are you sure the part # isn't 6639-448 ? .... at $ 135.99 per slide, sold in qty of 2 but priced each?
How can I find out if this part will fit my 2022 Sidewinder LTX-GT 137 ?
any help appreciated.

Are you sure the part # isn't 6639-448 ? .... at $ 135.99 per slide, sold in qty of 2 but priced each?
any help appreciated.
If it fits a Tcat, it will fit your Winder. #8639-422 is the new slide, the Dupont inserts are inset at a 60` to have a narrower slide like the stock slides, no price yet, but described to be cut down to any length.
#6639-864 is the original Dupont slide for tracks 151"-162". #6639-422 is also the original Dupont slide for Tracks 121"-146". The original Dupont slide have the inserts set at 45` and are a smidge wider that the stock slides.

any help appreciated.
That’s the part number on mine 6639-448. I paid $96.76 per side from kens sports in Wisconsin. This was for a 2018 T cat
These are about 1/8” wider than stock

Attachments

• HYFAX.jpeg
    HYFAX.jpeg
    38.8 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
In the 2024 Cat accessory catalog there is a new slider offered. It's called the "Tiger Slide Wear Strip" Part# 8639-422. They have the Dupont inserts but are inset diagonally so that the strip is narrower than the regular dupont sliders. I'm headed over to the dealer to order them this week. They weren't available in the spring, but I figure if I order them now I might get them by the end of next season.
I don't see that part number listed anywhere... even on the Country Cat website.

I don't see that part number listed anywhere... even on the Country Cat website.
I know, it's in the catalog but nobody knows about them, doesn't register as a real # at my dealer either....yet

Back