• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hyfax Wear on Attak

snowbelt said:
mnmsnowbeast said:
MightyWarrior said:
Install SLP anti wear pads.
Hey mighty how much weight does the slp wear pads add to the overall weight of the track,and how do you like them,and why did you install them,i have heard some talk about them adding some top speed to your sled,do you think it helps top speed??

32 slp wear pads w/ washers and nuts weigh 1.43 lbs. I just weighed mine on a digital scale.
Thanks snowbelt for your advise on the pads,do you think they helped your top end any,i had a bud who runs very good race sleds say he used them and saw an improvement in speed.. Thanks Pete

This may seem bizzar but on my 05 fusion i swapped out my ripsaw for the 9830 than i cut out the remainder of the 3rd closed windows,and sealed them w/a torch,now i did not clip them,but i just left them the way i cut and sealed them,as i wanted to save as much weight as i could,and i even asked my dealer what his feelings were on clipping the windows,his advise was it would be ok just the way i did it,so that how i ran it the rest of the winter and the sled ended up with 2,000 miles of no problems with the track. Now that about all that did not give me problems lol but it just goes to show ya the need for all the extra track clips may not be nessasary,now i am not saying we dont need any,because we need alot,but i just did not need the extyra one that i cut out to be clipped,but i did not feel anymore speed because of the 1" track or because of the 10 tooth drivers or the open all holes in track,it was just a huge POS sled Period.....

Back