• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hyfax wear

micaelaman

Veteran
Country
Sweden
Snowmobile
Sidewinder MTX 162, Arctic Cat M800 HCR
Hi,

I bought a SW MTX 162 this summer. It has 1300km on the clock. Today when I mounted my new tunnel bag I noticed that the hyfax was worn out.

Is this normal?
Is it worth to get Dupont ones?

Hi,

I bought a SW MTX 162 this summer. It has 1300km on the clock. Today when I mounted my new tunnel bag I noticed that the hyfax was worn out.

Is this normal?
Is it worth to get Dupont ones?
well i changed out my stock hyfax at around 4000km but they could of went another couple thousand, and installed duponts. The duponts last at least 3 to 4 times longer, last ride we encountered around 15km of low snow,frozen dirt,and gravel and the duponts showed very little wear. Having said that i ride trails and a short track and dont have any experiance with slider wear on long tracks, but imo they should last longer also on the longer track

I got 300 miles out of mine (1.75btx)! Rode out of hancock mi last year with ice/dirt... Probably 1 mile before we hit good snow. Stopped just before good snow cause temp light came on. Slides had melted so bad that the track was stuck to them. Had to put it on its side and pull track loose! Had to ride back through the same crap later that night. Killed the slides. My buddy on sn ltx was fine. Got DuPonts now!

Back