• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hygear suspension kit

monker

TY 4 Stroke Guru
Just finished installing my Hygear suspension kit this weekend. Got both rear shocks redone and their suspension kit. It doesn't actually remove the link, but seperates the front shock from the linkage. Seems pretty good so far, but I haven't been out riding it yet. In all I got the rear shocks rebuilt, link kit, dual springs on the mid shock, spacers for the rear spring (for 225lb rider) and dual springs for the front shocks.

Can't wait to try it out. :jump:

the rear suspension kit lists for $699 with the 2 shock rebuilds and dual rate springs for the mid shock. The spring spacers for heavier riders are $89.

I just put mine in too..pretty good kit. I also have not rode it yet, do to a lack of snow, but I will get to this weekend when I go north. Does yours have that up and down sag on the rear suspension. When you pick it all the way up, and push it down till it hits the transfer blocks?

phaze5 said:
AND WHAT KIT DID YOU GET AND HOW LONG IS YOUR SLED DOWN FOR WHILE THEY HAVE YOUR SHOCKS THANKS

I believe they call it a 'link removal kit' I was down for a week while they had my shocks. Best bet would be to give them a call and find out what turn around time is. A week ago it was about 5 days.

Racer269 said:
I just put mine in too..pretty good kit. I also have not rode it yet, do to a lack of snow, but I will get to this weekend when I go north. Does yours have that up and down sag on the rear suspension. When you pick it all the way up, and push it down till it hits the transfer blocks?

nope, none of that. I used to. I'm not sure if it's the shocks or the rear spring spacers. If I push it down, it comes right back up.

I am picking up a left over FX for my wife to ride this year. I asked my dealer about the link problem and he told me Yamaha is not addressing anything unless it fails...no suprise there. So I called Ross at Hygear and he suggested that since it is my wife who will be primarily riding it that I start off with this kit... http://www.hygearsuspension.com/Images/ ... ck_kit.jpg

He said the torsion spacers along with the rollers will allow a more complete use of the torsion springs. These parts combined with the dual springs on the center shock should be enough to provide smooth operation of the rear skid for a non aggressive rider (My wife) and hopefully she will not be bottoming out and snapping the link. I have used Hygear setups on two prior sleds with complete satisfaction and it is good to know he is adressing the problem. I think I have more confidence in his recommendations than the dealers. I'll do the rest of the link elimination upgrade at the first sign of trouble. It looks like hygear has an excellent solution to Yamaha's problem.

Now if only the dealer could get Yamaha to spring for a radiator fan..... :o|

Monker which phazer model do you have?

I just got the spacers and rollers for my GT. It's doing the sagging thing as well. With 107 miles on it I might add. I may get the shock redone or just change Hygear needs me to send them a pic of my shock as he said they have not fooled with the GT's much yet.
I just keep piddling with this thing waiting for snow or my trip up north.
I have a bad habit of not leaving anything well enough alone.
Later,
Will

I'm gonna set mine the same after I get the Hygear kit in.
Later,
Will

Attachments

• 09-Nytro-RTX-SE-XS-BL-W-.jpg
    09-Nytro-RTX-SE-XS-BL-W-.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 89
  • 09-Nytro-RTX-SE-XS-W-BL-.jpg
    09-Nytro-RTX-SE-XS-W-BL-.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 78
  • 09-Nytro-RTX-SE-XS-W-W-.jpg
    09-Nytro-RTX-SE-XS-W-W-.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 82
So did anyone get any real miles on this kit yet. I'm tired of the factory link but I don't want to drop 700 bucks to find out I traded one prob for another one. What changes do you notice in the ride ect.

Back