• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

I can't believe I'm posting this... anyone ridden a TNT?

I really don't know what to say but heres my sense. The phazer is a completely new model since 07 with many little issues resolved and has leading 4 stroke technology and jap quality built into it. It works with so many different riders and is an absolute blast to ride. Why should you step down to old technology and well i cant even describe it. I really can't describe it because I don't care! I couldn't care less about 2 strokes, or ski-doo, or any other make. I hope you guys that havent noticed the past few years, realize that ever since yamaha starting building 4 stroke sleds, everyone else tried to improve what tech they had, making cleaner more powerful 2 strokes. Well guess what, they're dream came to an end when they realized, holy ****, sleds should be 4 stroke. Well, now ever since then, everyone has been playing catch up to yamaha. Ski-doos 1200. Cats Z1 turbo. Polaris.... Junk, dont even go there. Anyways my point is yamaha is leading in snowmobile tech today, why should you give up on them cause they havent released an insanely powerful 4 stroke sled. Think about it. They're drawing up something big and it will be here soon. But until they release it, tell me whats wrong with having the most powerful, most potential 4 stroke sleds in the biz? I cant think of anything. So if your thinking to step down and being with the runners up, don't do it, you'll realize what you've lost very soon. You'll think about it everytime you topoff your tnt with doo oil... We all have so much, dont give it up, please. :4STroke: :yam:

red phazer..I have been read this forum closely the last few weeks, as I am contemplating getting a phazer. I have only ridden one phazer, and it was just a short run, so I couldn't really say how good or bad it was.

BUT I can tell you all about ski-doo. my 99 670 HO never ran right, I bought it used (it was 1 yr old)..I went to WAR with Ski-doo over how bad this pig ran, it was a total LEMON...I had it back at the dealer 7 times in one month, they couldn't figure it out...to make a long story short...we later learned through snowest that the 670 Ho summits had bad stators(as did some of the regular 670 HOs)..which ski-doo did nothing about. I screamed at some little french speaking bastard for about 2 hrs and got nowhere, he basically told me to get bent....so I traded the 670 HO in on a 3 yr old Yamaha vmax deluxe....after I had ridden it about 1,200 miles I blew the crank....even though it was a month past warranty(again 3 yrs old)...YAMAHA COVERED EVERYTHING EXCEPT LABOR!!!!

I eventually bought a Viper,( loved everything about that sled , except the rear suspension) which was stolen....after I got my insurance check, I ended up buying a 700 Ski-doo (wanted another viper, couldn't get one)
My 700 Mxz rode excellent..but was a TURD...my buddies Viper would kill me across the lake (heck his wifes sxR 700 would beat me on a long run).
That sled also went back to the dealer, but all they really did was clutch it, and re jet it...it gained nothing. so I bought an 03 rev...My 03 rev 600 HO blew the left piston and cylinder in 700 miles..thankfully I had a good dealer. I did ride the rev for 6000 miles before getting rid of it for my current ride, an 07 600 crossfire...which is an excellent riding machine..but slow for a 600...and likes gas and oil.

What I can tell you is I will never own another SKI-DOO. If you ever have a problem you are screwed. I don't care how light they are, how fast they are etc....They still don't make a quality product...and their warranty sux compared to yamaha. Also if you buy that 500ss, get used to cleaning power valves, my 600 HO, and the 670 HO needed the valves cleaned every 800 miles or you lost power. That old 600 (500ss) is not very fuel efficent either, around 10 MPG on average. AND neither the doos I owned or my current cat got better than 11.5 mpg (the cat)...my old Viper got close to 14 mpg, and also used less oil than either.

To me a Yamaha 4 stroke is a no brainer...I am sick to death of maintaining 2 strokes (especially now that the BEST two stroke ever made is no longer being made, YAMAHA). I don't want to clean power valves, rebuilt top ends, smell like a chain saw, or have grease on my coat sleeves from changing fouled spark plugs, or starter strings rubbin on my jacket, and streakin it up...just done with all that crap....I want to put gas in it and ride...(the dealer can change the damn oil..lol).

I too have my reservations about power, handling with phazer...but just about everything else..all the good stuff out weighs the negatives.

Well, I have decided to stay on the Phazer for another season. I got scared away from the Skidoos because of reliability concerns. It also didn't sound like there would be much of a performance gain, so it would be like throwing money out the window!

Anyone have a pair of GYTR front shocks they want to sell me? ;)!

I'd like to thank everyone for their input. If anybody else wants to chime in I'd be glad to hear what you have to say!

Thanks again everybody for the constructive input. This site kicks arse!
:rocks:

Sorry if we scared you but on the bright side to show how long yamahas last this guy is in the new yamaha broshure that shows his venture that broke the world record on most kilometers. 54 000 i think, and still going. Valve inspection at 35 000 and only 3 valves needed adjustement.

My brother is a mechanic for Bombardier. Had to rebuild his 800xp after 10,000 km (6250 miles). He said its pretty normal. Wants me to trade to a 600xp. I said dude, I don't even have to change the plugs until 20,000 km. It is a really light and powerful sled, I'll give it that, but he still can't keep up in the rough.

MAXSLED SCORE 500 TNT

OVERALL
(Out of 5)

Overall style:

Ergonomics:

Front suspension:

Rear suspension:

Engine:

Chassis:

Windshield:

Gauges:

Amenities:

Overall Feel:

PROS:
-Ergonomics
-Rider position
-Seating position
-Did we mention ergonomics?
-Decent power
-Tune-ability
-Cornering
CONS:

-Rear suspension a little harsh
-No wind protection
-Limited storage
-Misleading size designation

MAXSLED SCORE Phazer RTX

OVERALL
(Out of 5)

Overall style:

Ergonomics:

Front suspension:

Rear suspension:

Engine:

Chassis:

Windshield:

Gauges:

Amenities:

Overall Feel:

PROS:
-Hot color scheme
-Fun to ride
-Fox Float shocks
-Seating position
-Quick engine response
-Tunnel hole covered
CONS:

-Needs more power for seasoned riders
-No storage

It's plain and simple you go on a yamaha site and your going to get negative comments.You go on the ski doo site it will be the same.Yamaha needs a 100hp phazer.I have seen many people leave yamaha for that reason.If they had a middle class power in a phazer weight chasis it would probaly be there #1 seller.
Ski doo changed the pipe design on the xp chasis resulting in less hp so to cure this they added more timing which a few sleds had some issues.The 500ss(600)cc motor is the most reliable they made.It has great handling and is faster then the phazer stock to stock.In right conditions glare ice the the tnt will run just over a 100mph and the pahzer will run a hair over 90.It's all what your looking for.Go to brand specific forum if your looking for real facts and questions.

Go try a SKI DOO 600 etec. You'll love it. Great on gas, uses very little oil, has no smell and is really light.

calbee said:
Go try a SKI DOO 600 etec. You'll love it. Great on gas, uses very little oil, has no smell and is really light.

ban-him.JPG

pro116 said:
It's plain and simple you go on a yamaha site and your going to get negative comments.You go on the ski doo site it will be the same.Yamaha needs a 100hp phazer.I have seen many people leave yamaha for that reason.If they had a middle class power in a phazer weight chasis it would probaly be there #1 seller.
Ski doo changed the pipe design on the xp chasis resulting in less hp so to cure this they added more timing which a few sleds had some issues.The 500ss(600)cc motor is the most reliable they made.It has great handling and is faster then the phazer stock to stock.In right conditions glare ice the the tnt will run just over a 100mph and the pahzer will run a hair over 90.It's all what your looking for.Go to brand specific forum if your looking for real facts and questions.

You forgot to mention that the 500 SS is a GAS PIG, and uses twice the oil an Etec does. Not everybody cares about top speed..if you do, don't buy a 500 class sled. A dealer up north rents cat and yamaha, and he told me the phazer will beat an f-5 bottom to top, and all day long..that being said more people chose to rent the cats, because they are warmer, and more comfortable to ride all day.....I think anybody with a 1/2 brain doesn't expect the phazer to beat 600 cc two strokes (which is exactly what the SS is).

calbee said:

Really?? How little oil??? I just read in snow tech that it uses more oil than Bombi was claiming...seems ski-doo exagerates a bit.....not only about oil consumption, but their claimed weights have also been way off.
I believe ski-doo claimed that their 4 stroke was 70 lbs lighter than the nytro, and when the mags weighed them it was more like 20lb difference.

ive been a ski-doo guy and last year the motor in my mxz 500f and the bearings in the motor went, 9500mi on it and never been rebuilt so i decided to just forget about it. i was towed back to the trailer by a phazer and i love ski-doo but i know own the phazer that towed me last year and i love the sled

Well I own both a skidoo and a Phazer. Both are good sleds, depends what you want. My Skidoo is an 800 Renegade. Obviously big difference between the two.

Don't ban me yet boys. Show some hospitality.
:moon:

Back