• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

i cant take it

soul_hammer said:
look people the phazer is what it is a tight rough trail sled. If you bought it for youre 9 year old kid or youre first time rider wife and they tip it well i guess maybe its the fact that you didnt do any homework on it and not the fact that the "sled sucks". :o| :o| i have had fast sit down sleds and this one is 100 times more fun than any of them. its made to be riden not driven if thats what you are looking for go buy an old viper, vmax, ect. and please stop coming on here whining because its not what you wanted.

ps if you ask a question dont call the guy/girl trying to help with an answer a liar. if thats all you are here for pack youre $hit and leave.

thanks
sorry for the rant

:yam:

Having a bad day there are ya buddy?
If this is the thread to which you are referring, I don't see anything wrong with it:
http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=82625

Just sounds like an honest polite guy trying to get some help - no doubt if he got a mtn sled for trail riding that is a mistake but to jump all over him for asking for help? Come on, take it easy, relax, .... I didn't know Yammie guys are so sensitive!

BombaPolaYama said:
soul_hammer said:
look people the phazer is what it is a tight rough trail sled. If you bought it for youre 9 year old kid or youre first time rider wife and they tip it well i guess maybe its the fact that you didnt do any homework on it and not the fact that the "sled sucks". :o| :o| i have had fast sit down sleds and this one is 100 times more fun than any of them. its made to be riden not driven if thats what you are looking for go buy an old viper, vmax, ect. and please stop coming on here whining because its not what you wanted.

ps if you ask a question dont call the guy/girl trying to help with an answer a liar. if thats all you are here for pack youre $hit and leave.

thanks
sorry for the rant

:yam:

Having a bad day there are ya buddy?
If this is the thread to which you are referring, I don't see anything wrong with it:
http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=82625

Just sounds like an honest polite guy trying to get some help - no doubt if he got a mtn sled for trail riding that is a mistake but to jump all over him for asking for help? Come on, take it easy, relax, .... I didn't know Yammie guys are so sensitive!

yep i was and am still no ridable snow here. as i stated a few times on here i dont have an issue with people asking for and taking advise i do have issues with people coming on here and bitching then calling people liars when they try to help. Go on doo talk and see how long it takes you to get baned for bashing anything yellow. my point was and is if youre not going to take our advise/wisdom GTFO that is all.

soul_hammer said:
yep i was and am still no ridable snow here. as i stated a few times on here i dont have an issue with people asking for and taking advise i do have issues with people coming on here and bitching then calling people liars when they try to help. Go on doo talk and see how long it takes you to get baned for bashing anything yellow. my point was and is if youre not going to take our advise/wisdom GTFO that is all.

Yeah, that's it then the snow - or lack of it - I'm getting tired of the two inches of snow we have as well. Hopefully it'll improve soon.
All the best,
- ps. I don't go on doo talk and every other site I have tried is way down the scale compared with TY when it comes to people helping people with stuff!

The Phazer is absolutely an entry level sled. It was designed and is marketed to be an entry level sled.

It has great appeal as an entry level sled, but unfortunately is all sizzle and no steak in that department. lol.

madthumper said:
The Phazer is absolutely an entry level sled. It was designed and is marketed to be an entry level sled.

It has great appeal as an entry level sled, but unfortunately is all sizzle and no steak in that department. lol.

It's often the advertising hype that we buy only to be later disappointed. For ex, how many people bought the VK Pro because it was supposed to be the best utility sled ever made ... and ended up trying to sell them the next season because of their poor handling characteristics....

Yeah, I dunno about 4 strokes in general. They are great for groomed trail highways but damn they are heavy and god forbid you turn one over. I can barely flip my phazer back on its side by myself (and I work out with weights). I can't imagine getting a VK professional stuck.

I haven't had the honour of flipping mine yet (hopefully never) but I always had an easier time tilting it onto its side to clean out the track area than my old MXZ , so I thought the high CG would help to get it up right if I do flip.

Oh, its easy to tip to the side, just not so easy to right. You can imagine the engine being a counter-weight that is further from the fulcrum than the norm. Once it reaches the apex of the tilt, it rapidly falls over. In reverse, overcoming the excess weight at a distance further from the fulcrum takes some muscle. I find boondocking a challenge on these machines. It takes considerable effort to throw it on its side then suddenly it goes and the balance point between turning and dumping it is very fine indeed. It takes some skill and practice but its worth it. This is a difficult sled to ride when you are not using it for its intended purpose...blasting down rough trails. I can't believe you guys aren't rolling and tipping your phazers over. Mine is on its side at least a couple of times each ride...not on hardpack, just in powder. Its not from inexperience either, just pushing my limits each time I'm out.

Umm No....

madthumper said:

Where has it EVER been advertised as an ENTRY LEVEL SLED?

Magazines use it as a comparison to other entry level sleds due to it's price point, however where in the Yamaha marketing info had it been regarded as an entry level sled?

It's like saying my old 440 Sno Pro Race Sled was a beginner sled because it was only a 440.....

Re: Umm No....

RoicIND said:
madthumper said:

Where has it EVER been advertised as an ENTRY LEVEL SLED?

Magazines use it as a comparison to other entry level sleds due to it's price point, however where in the Yamaha marketing info had it been regarded as an entry level sled?

It's like saying my old 440 Sno Pro Race Sled was a beginner sled because it was only a 440.....

Since day one. From Yam's website:

The Phazer has made such an impact that industry insiders have said the machine is what snowmobiling needed in order to attract new people to the sport. Other manufacturers now have the challenge of building lightweight, well-performing, price-point machines that require new designs - not trickle-down, dated designs with tooling paid for in the last decade.

It's entire purpose was to attract new riders...hence entry level.

Or, maybe it was to attract new snowmobilers from other segments of the power sports market... i.e. dirt bikers and quad riders?

So would you consider the new Cat SnoPro 500 entry level?

I think he trying to make the point that the never acctuly said that. some quad rider that wont ride snomobiles because thay are to low to the ground or somecrap like that. Then when you make it look like a quad or a dirtbike, it would attact them in and all there skills of riding quads would just come natuarle. Would it be an entry level sled then, NO!

My def of entry level is some one with no exp in any type of powersports what so ever. I does not to exp to ride a sled, if your are coming of any type of powersports.
Befor I bought the phazer I told myslef I was not going to by another sled untill I was able to by a race sled or untell snowmobile stop looking gay. I came of a 79 arctic cat panter 5000 a few years ago and handled that thing like a pro in bad condtions. Does that make me an entry level rider on an entry level sled. The only entry level sled out there are 120cc sleds. I pesonaly think riders dont need to go beond 600-800cc for a sled pending on applications.

RedPhazer said:
Or, maybe it was to attract new snowmobilers from other segments of the power sports market... i.e. dirt bikers and quad riders?

Yes...that's entry level by definition.

So would you consider the new Cat SnoPro 500 entry level?

Completely different sleds with different target markets. The entry level the Sno Pro is targeted at is entry level racing. State of the art, low cost sled designed to encourage folks to get involved with racing.

marpolsdofer said:
I think he trying to make the point that the never acctuly said that. some quad rider that wont ride snomobiles because thay are to low to the ground or somecrap like that. Then when you make it look like a quad or a dirtbike, it would attact them in and all there skills of riding quads would just come natuarle. Would it be an entry level sled then, NO!

My def of entry level is some one with no exp in any type of powersports what so ever. I does not to exp to ride a sled, if your are coming of any type of powersports.
Befor I bought the phazer I told myslef I was not going to by another sled untill I was able to by a race sled or untell snowmobile stop looking gay. I came of a 79 arctic cat panter 5000 a few years ago and handled that thing like a pro in bad condtions. Does that make me an entry level rider on an entry level sled. The only entry level sled out there are 120cc sleds. I pesonaly think riders dont need to go beond 600-800cc for a sled pending on applications.

In some respects, yes. While your not an entry level rider, you are an entry level buyer right. Your Phazer was your first modern sled.

I am not a big fan of long nosed sleds. If I had money at the time I would have bought a new race sled and probley would have cared less about the phazer. The slights bit in apeerance will caues me to stear away from the sled. I hate ski-donts becaues of this.

Back