• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

I don't know what's wrong

sledder91

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
14 viper xtx
I don't know what wrong with my viper. I had to sifen gas out of a dirty hose and now it's sputtering and backfiring not running right any ideas of what it is. I checked the injectors and the fuel filter both seem fine. Thanks

I might be wrong (not sure if viper has this or not) but my last sled had a screen on the pick up in the tank maybe it's plugged from the dirty hose???

I vote for fouled plugs but could be the pickup if hose was really filthy. Change the plugs first its easier than pulling pump. You did siphon what was in there out now right? Very hard to siphon from this tank. Rear has to be way up in air to get at most of it.

I vote for fouled plugs but could be the pickup if hose was really filthy. Change the plugs first its easier than pulling pump. You did siphon what was in there out now right? Very hard to siphon from this tank. Rear has to be way up in air to get at most of it.
Yes I got the most I could out.

without getting all bent out of shape i would wait untill you have snow, fill with fresh gas and take her for a rip!! i know they will stumble a bit on old gas.

I'd bet on fouled plugs also, if its backfiring when you crank it over or trying to give it some gas when its idling good chance the plugs fouled, bad fuel kills plugs and it will only get worse if you try and run with fouled plugs hoping to burn through the bad fuel, just my experience with it and I could be wrong.

I'd bet on fouled plugs also, if its backfiring when you crank it over or trying to give it some gas when its idling good chance the plugs fouled, bad fuel kills plugs and it will only get worse if you try and run with fouled plugs hoping to burn through the bad fuel, just my experience with it and I could be wrong.

X2
I had a bad batch of fuel (water) in mine once. Even after I siphoned the old fuel out and removed the tank to completely drain it, the sled didn't run correctly until I changed the plugs.

Bill

Well I have it at the dealer now and it's running better but not 100%. They cleaned the injectors and I put the spark plugs in. It's still backfiring a little bit but I think that's maybe it trying burn and get rid of the bad gas

When you get it running run some yamaha Ring free through it also. Its really good stuff and keeps everything inside the motor clean. your dealer should have it. I run it all the time since they came out with it.

Back