• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

I hope I don't regret this

2008 Nytro RTX

TY 4 Stroke God
Instead of buying a Viper my Skidoo/Yamaha dealer talked me in to this! 2010 RS 600. has 1800 miles on it and is in really good shape! I hope going back to the 2 smokes won't give me a headache. I was all gunho to get the Viper but I hear from people who road it that its not going to be a slam dunk. I hear good and bad! I will give it a year and go from there! Honestly I will miss going on these boards for sled advice cuz unlike most other forums this is not a Zoo ;)! :rocks:

Attachments

• 733872_10151546385500421_567448848_n.jpg
    733872_10151546385500421_567448848_n.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 150

Phew that is a awesome sled if you know what your getting. That is totally different then a viper. She'll be firm, aggressive, and less power mpg. Not all bad if that is what you want. I have wanted one for ahile myself to convert into a ditch banger!

probably the best all round ditch banging sled on the planet, use good fuel and maitenance practices you should see 10000 miles on the 600 e-tech, really only downfall i can think of is the rs-xrs is one stiff hard hitting suspension that two fat men would have a hard time bottoming

blue er said:
probably the best all round ditch banging sled on the planet, use good fuel and maitenance practices you should see 10000 miles on the 600 e-tech, really only downfall i can think of is the rs-xrs is one stiff hard hitting suspension that two fat men would have a hard time bottoming

Thats actually the RS 600 race sled, NOT the XRS 600 etec.

Motor is really hot on that sled runs great down low and pulls like a fing freight train.
My brother has an 08 rs and light nimble machine

My friend asked me to swap his 2012 LT 2 up XP 800 for a little spin on my 08 Phazer RTX. Afterwards, he kept talking on how my sled rode so, horrible. I did not even say a word about the Nasty engine Vibration, Heavy steering, running board flexing, track Howling XP. The next pit stop another Ski-Doo rider pointed out the XP had the usual 2" offset (bent bulkhead) ski in front of the other.

You do know the RS is not a trail sled...? In fact, if the supension is still delivery spec, it is going to be a very stiff and nervous ride down any normal trail. I would say this sled is about as far as you can get from the SR Viper...And like somebody already pointed out - that engine is a proper race engine, for sure more power than the SR Viper. You will notice quite some difference at the fuel stops too...

I don't care what anyone says, snocross sleds are the highest maintenance machines, period. My cousin has a IqR 600 and it requires a lot of tinkering and can't really be trail ridden.

If you trail ride the viper will have been a much better choice. If you are looking for a ditch pickle than you picked the right sled.

Back