• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Iain Haydens CSRA Nytro ( factory race sled )

YamahaFreak said:
I wish I could have my nytro's front end sitting up that high, looks like they have it mounted different?
Correction: The whole suspension actually haha :Rockon:

Kråkan said:
yamahaboy701 said:
Looking at that front end kinda makes me upset at yamaha. They are not even beefing the stock subframe up anymore, instead just make a whole new one out of a block of aluminum. If the stock one can't hold up on the track then how can it hold up on a bad trail at 60mph? Obviously something needs to be changed in the front end!

Come on! Do you really think a trail could ever compare to the track?

Johan Eriksson rode the stock Nytro with just a few bracings last year and ha had very few problems. I think the other brands had the same amount of trubble. And they have factory Snow X sleds... Btw, they are also strengthened at weak spots!!

I'm just saying that if it does not break on the track then it should not break on the trails. And if the stock one was good enough for the track then why did they completely change it? And yes I understand other brands have problems with their "factory" race sleds.... we all remember the rev nun or the iqr chaincase....

Funny, the only thing that sled has in common with the production nytro is the engine. You would think yamaha would wake up a little and put a lot of those parts on their production sled. Maybe they will. There is always next year.

r1usn said:
Funny, the only thing that sled has in common with the production nytro is the engine. You would think yamaha would wake up a little and put a lot of those parts on their production sled. Maybe they will. There is always next year.

;)! I know right! + I just like how high the suspension looks on his sled!

YamahaFreak said:
r1usn said:

;)! I know right! + I just like how high the suspension looks on his sled!

I dont think you want your sled to sit that high. It will be tougher to drive on trails since the center of gravity is higher. But it looks wicked!

I wish Yamaha would look to the XC racers for development.It is way closer to trailriding since even when hitting the big whoops or jumps in SnoX its nothing near the strain of hitting something at 90mph.Plus you can live with a suspension that only works for big hits and berms for 20min moto but try it for hrs.

cannondale27 said:
I wish Yamaha would look to the XC racers for development.It is way closer to trailriding since even when hitting the big whoops or jumps in SnoX its nothing near the strain of hitting something at 90mph.Plus you can live with a suspension that only works for big hits and berms for 20min moto but try it for hrs.

They HAVE to know they're on the wrong track, or probably more like they haven't found a track to follow, regarding suspension work. Do you think they don't notice the number of Poo suspension components they're running?

What's it going to take to shame them into figuring out how to get a clue/do something about it?

Maybe we could get Yammi to sell Poo some motors....

Then we'd have something cooking! Poo sure as hell can't figure out how to build an injected motor, and Yammi sure as hell can't figure out what a real suspension is supposed to look like.....

Somebody (other than a race team?) needs to say screw the brand pride and put the 2 good parts together....

its funny how they use the polaris rear suspension here too, when we raced the rx1 in ovals and at the SOO we hand built our suspensions based off a polaris skid and when yammi took it on there show tour said it was a race yammi suspension until one of our friends called them out on it it was hilarious

the reason i said it was polaris is because I noticed it at the sled show.Then I started talking to one of the race team guys and pointed out the rear skid. Then he told me that even the front end is based off the 600rr as well. The only stock piece on the sled is the plastic around the head light.He said the motor is some what stock other than the injectors and the rev limit is like 11500.

really 11500 rpm???? They must be doing something else because the power falls off at some point unless other mods are involved.

Pretty sure Randy Karpik is the man behind the rear suspension design(he was in charge of chassis development the past few seasons).It no surprise it looks like a polaris but lets be honest,polaris rear skids look like FAST designs.Therefore this is a FAST clone.

low slung said:
Pretty sure Randy Karpik is the man behind the rear suspension design(he was in charge of chassis development the past few seasons).It no surprise it looks like a polaris but lets be honest,polaris rear skids look like FAST designs.Therefore this is a FAST clone.

Interesting. Maybe you could provide some type of documentation regarding the skid this skid was "cloned" after? I've never seen or heard of it.

You may be thinking of a skid produced by Poo (under license) offered in "cruiser" versions of some of their sleds? Karpik's better known designs (M-10, Airwave, etc) are pretty unique as they run coupled pretty much full time.

The skid you're seeing in that picture is about as far to the opposite extreme as you can get. The design is the latest and greatest Poo has to offer, which is an advancement over designs dating back to the early 90's.

I don't know one way or the other regarding his involvement with Yammi, but betting if that was true, there'd be far fewer wondering why Yammi can't get their act together with a decent suspension. If nothing else, he does know how to make a suspension ride properly.

low slung said:
Karpik is the man behind the rear suspension design(he was in charge of chassis development the past few seasons).It no surprise .

yes

Back