• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ice Scratcher

stdea

Where du you think is the best place to install them ?

there there is 3 hole on the rail ?

Thanks

as far forward on the rail as posible. we removed our front outer idlers and placed the scratchers in front of that area. if you put them too far back, they arent doing anything but spraying snow on your buddies behind you. in the pic you can see the removal of the idler, and the rubber bumper for torsion overload in the middle of the three holes you are talking about. dont think i'll ever use the over load bumper as i have the apex mountain rear springs and it is way stiffer. also you can see i have added another cross shaft under the rear shaft to help the skid rails strength in that area. all 4 of these mods were induced, suggested, in some cases donated and helped installed by our very own and my personal friend grapeape...

thanks bro! ski

I just purchased scratchers and want to put them on but never have seen them before...thanks for the pic ski - I don't know that i can afford to get ride of the wheel, but will have a look. What do they look like when they are contacting the ground? I wondered how far they stuck out or exatly how they install and work. Thanks!!

they just flip out, and the spring tension drags them into the hard pack, spraying snow to the track, to be spun up into the hyfax and heat exchangers. they just sit outside of the track. make sure they are only down when going forward, and only when you need them on hardpack, or ice. the rest of the time they sit in the rail out of the way. ski

I have built my own scratchers to mount on the skis they help unless your on ice, but doesn't matter if you back up and they cost me about 10 a set plus a little time.

I haven't put them on my nytro yet seems every type of ski needs a different bracket, but I'll get some pics of them on my doo.

here's a couple of pics of my ice scratchers, they definitely help as long as I'm not on solid ice, I'll eventually be putting some on my nytro but have to make new brackets because of different skis. replacement springs are about $5 per set.

Attachments

• IMG_1045 s.JPG
    IMG_1045 s.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_2000.JPG
    IMG_2000.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 107

Back