• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

If Yamaha made a 2-stroke sled again

If yamaha made a Direct Injected 2-stroke sled would any one switch from the 4 stroke to the 2 strok

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Guys,you can end this debate now,YAMAHA will not make another2-stroke sled ever again.Why?because i read on yamahas motorcycle blog that they won,t make another 2-stroke of anything again.Want examples,Raptor250 replaced blaster,banshee is history,and a new 4-stroke bravo next year,heard this from my dealer who was right about the venture with the 80hp twin.

I always loved my vipers engine.. too bad it wasnt a 800 like i really wanted.. It just wasnt quick enough..

I think with as well as the Nytro works.. i cant see ever going back to a 2 stroke..

One thing i always notice riding one of my friends 2 strokes.. they just dont have the same kind of pull that the 4 strokes have.. and you must pull alot harder on the throttle to make them go..

This topic wasn't meant to be a debate. I never said that Yamaha would make another 2-stroke. All i wanted to know was if yamaha would come back to the 2-stroke market, who would buy one.

thanks

darren

Sorry for the blunt response,but if they did make another 2-stroke it would be lighter than the current 2-strokes.

NO WAY! I have had 2 strokes for almost 40 years, went to the Apex and Nytro 4 strokers last year, will NEVER go back! Wig

welterracer said:
One thing i always notice riding one of my friends 2 strokes.. they just dont have the same kind of pull that the 4 strokes have.. and you must pull alot harder on the throttle to make them go..

Yeah, always feels like something's wrong until you get used to no low end torque again.

I voted no. Don't mind the 2 strokes, I have had a few prior to this sled, and I still have a '96 Phazer ss and a '99 Phazer 500. Liked my 600 sx but like the 4 stroker much more.

Back