• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

If you didn't ride Yamaha...

DeerHuntr said:
yamahahaha said:
DeerHuntr said:
Out of all the sleds out there rite now the one I would really like to try is the Polaris RUSH. Just wish they had a reliable mill over 600cc. The four stroke impresses the hell out of me in my Nytro and it would be real hard to go back to a 2 stroke I'm afraid . I guess the four stroke Doo would be choice number 2, my buds Z1 Turbo is quite a ride too but expens
ive.

Polaris rush is over rated. it's fast for 30 feet then any other 600 beats it, dad bought one, took it back to dealer

It's not all about speed, I'm willing to bet the ride and handling is far superior to anything Yamaha makes and you can say what you want about Poo but they generally make a very good and durable chassis. Motors aren't on the same planet as Yammi though. We will see how it pans out for them, Polaris needs something to get it's faithful happy again and regain their trust, that 800 shure isn't doing it!! I would love to see a Polaris / Honda merger, could you imagine a 140hp Honda 4 stroke in a Rush chassis, sign me up!!!!!!!

X2, A badass 4stroke in the rush would be pretty sick!!

This year I am not riding YAMAHA. I sold my 08 Nytro RTX in the fall of 09. The sled I bought to ride this year is a X-FirE 700 Sno Pro. It seems to be a smoother ride than both the Nytro and my Firecat Sno Pro. I'm positive the Nytro would hang right with it if not beet it up to 80mph. X-fire is a bit warmer ride. Nytro sounded way COOLER :Rockon: . X-Fire hooks up alot better. Seating position is somewhat similar, maybe easier to stand and ride on the Nytro for longer periods of time but the transition is about the same from sitting to standing. These are just a couple things off the top of my head, I have alot of riding to do so maybe in march I'll have more of a solid opinion. Every body ride safe and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

I would either buy a AC Sno Pro 500 or pick up a race sled from any manufacturer. When the whoops get 3ft or bigger, I want to be able to whick the throttle a little more, not have to slow up. To bad Yamaha doesn't offer a race sled for us Yamaha guys.

RTX has gotta go. Gonna ride the SRX like i have since 2000 until something better comes out. Like the Nytro motor but the rest of the sled is s&$t.

eek.

entic, i feel bad for you. i hope u have some supsension in that srx other than stock. riding that sled hurts. i parked mine last year for a 580 arctic crap with a m10 and reverse. thats how bad it hurts cuz grooming is very rare here.
now its gone and i got the xtx. love it.
however if i had to ride another brand, i'd probably ride a poo fst Iq with the 128 track with m10. the turbo is fun as heck, and even better when u turn it up. steering is a bit heavy,like the rest of the sled. but at least the parts and sled are cheap. I know it would break, everything polaris always does, but at least i have parts delivery from my poo service manager cousin.

I would get a 800 xp, not shure witch one. then I would get a RK-TEK 860 big bore and DJ clutch kit.

Back