• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Igripstuds.com

MrSled

Site Admin/CEO
Staff member
Website
www.totallyamaha.com
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2020 Sidewinder SRX
Here is some info that I picked up from Patrick at Igrips Booth at the Novi Snow show.
IMG_3703 (Custom).JPG

Patricks contact info and to order:
IMG_0800.jpg

He has some longer products coming out for taller track that I will be testing towards the end of this year once they have been made for final production.

IMG_0801.jpg

IMG_0797.jpg

IMG_0798.jpg

IMG_0799.jpg

I currently have 211 of the 22Rs in my Sidewinder with about 1700 miles and are working well. The 22Rs will be updated to the 24Rs for future tracks jobs. The new 24 Rs are 24 mm long and a little nicer carbide tip as well as a new flatter thread pitch. I am also running these 22Rs in my 1 3/4 Back Country and will be updating to the new longer stud as stated once its in production.

IMG_0801.jpg

Last edited:

I installed 192 of the 22r’s into the track of my winder. I’ll report back once I get to try them out.

Installed the 24rs studs easily without predrilling, took about 45 minutes on my 137" Backcountryx2. When finished I rode down an ice covered road for the first test and I'm pretty impressed with the positive acceleration and braking. Time will tell about longevity but I don't see these backing out very easy. I tried installing one of these in my buddy's 1-3/8" cobra track without predrilling and wasn't successful at first but after a quick predrilling it worked fine, he's now going to order some.

Anybody have any luck putting (and keeping) these in the 141 1.6 Cobra found on the Viper XTX SE? The lugs seem a little narrow to me. I'd love to put these in my track (vs studding) for a little extra traction on icy trails, lakes, and road crossings. I'm just concerned that they will rip through the side. Other tracks seem to have enough "meat" to hold the iGrips in better.

View media item 1766

Anybody have any luck putting (and keeping) these in the 141 1.6 Cobra found on the Viper XTX SE? The lugs seem a little narrow to me. I'd love to put these in my track (vs studding) for a little extra traction on icy trails, lakes, and road crossings. I'm just concerned that they will rip through the side. Other tracks seem to have enough "meat" to hold the iGrips in better.

View media item 1766

I would not run them in that track. The compound is very flexible and the surface area to mount them is very minimal.

Back