• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

I'm thinking about buying a 2008 Phazer RTX, GOT ONE THANKS!

Brian

Extreme
I currently own a 2006 Attak and I am thinking about buying a 2008 Phazer RTX. I road one at the demo ride and really liked it. I just want to know if there any any problems with the 2008 phazers or if some of the problems with the 2007 Phazers carried over to 2008. I have read there were a few problems with the 2007 Phazers like the tunnel shield, the suspension link, slide wear and more. It would be nice to hear that Yamaha addressed the issue for 2008.

Also most of the dealers we called in the Detroit area are out of the Phazer one told my wife they don't carry the Phazer model. A few would have two or three Nytros on the floor and say they only had one Phazer and sold it. Anyone know why any of this would be true???? Seems like it should be the other way around.

If you don't want to post here please PM me. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Brian

I thinkthe 08 are the good sled all the updates to the 07 just bring them up to the 08 spec. That is one of the reasons allot of people are pissed because they hated being the rd of the new sled's.

Hey me too. the 08 is calling my name. haha

just curious do you know when you would snow check an 09? ive heard you can get a 5 year warrenty if you snow check now thats a good deal.

I have an 08 Nytro and an 08 Phazer RTX. The Phazer has been great so far with 700 miles on it. The only bad thing is the ice build-up on the boards, but I saw Excell has a cover for the rear for about $50 that should stop that. My dealer is Rental Express in Indian River, I was there today and they had at least three 08 Phazers, but I'm not sure if any were an RTX. If I were to buy another one it would be the GT model.

Vector1 said:
I have an 08 Nytro and an 08 Phazer RTX. The Phazer has been great so far with 700 miles on it. The only bad thing is the ice build-up on the boards, but I saw Excell has a cover for the rear for about $50 that should stop that. My dealer is Rental Express in Indian River, I was there today and they had at least three 08 Phazers, but I'm not sure if any were an RTX. If I were to buy another one it would be the GT model.

Thanks people!

I will try to call over there this week and see what they have.

Why would you buy the GT over the RTX?

The GT will corner better and not feel as tippy as the RTX, just a better trail sled. The RTX, however, does take the bumps in the front-end better than my Nytro FX.

Vector1 said:
The GT will corner better and not feel as tippy as the RTX, just a better trail sled. The RTX, however, does take the bumps in the front-end better than my Nytro FX.

I would of thought the RTX would corner better with the Floats, When I road the RTX at the Demo ride it was a lot more stable then the other Phazer that I road there but I don't know if the one I was on was the base or the GT Phazer? All I know is I wanted off of it and back on the RTX.

Everything I road at the demo ride with Fox Floats on it handed much better then the standard shock or the Ohlins. I don't know why maybe it was just the way I was riding that day or the way Yamaha had the sleds set up?

The GT sits about 2 inches lower and it just feels less top heavy. When ever I switch from my Nytro to the RTX, it takes some time to get use to the higher feel when you head into a corner. You also get some better wind protection from the GT with the standard wind deflectors.

I love my RTX... when the trails are tight and the bumps extrema. It will not corner as flat as the GT, but it is not suppose to, it is a mogul master. The Floats are awesome at isolating the bumps and is just plain fun bouncing down the trail.

If I want slot car handling and high speed ability then I ride the Attak. I still love my RTX.

I have a RTX ... 2 words " LOVE IT " !!!!

iv got around 950 KM on it and not a thing wrong ! bringing it to the dealer tomorrow for 800 km checkup .

the 08's have the recalls done and seem to hold up 10 times better . thats a plus !

They love the big bumps and wheelies :Rockon:
so much better on gas then most sleds . all my buddies are out for the day and have to go home with only around a quarter tank and im sitting there saying noooo ! with about a 1/2 to 3/4 tank left.

i find it really good turning with the floats not like its gonna flip or anything ... just takes abit of time to get used to at first .

It will be a very good choice if your into modules , big bumps , ramps , wheelies etc.

the GT would be more for groomed trails and just out for a nice day ride . as said before lower to the ground and BIGGER windshield ( personally i hate it )

What ever you end up with you are bound to love it !!

Thanks Peter !

I went from an 06 Attak to a 07 Phazer FX. I do not regret the decision at all - now that I have all updates completed. The Phazer is much more comfortable for me (6'4") and is an absolute blast to ride. Also, it has 900 miles on it, and the engine pulls a lot harder now than when it was new. I would buy this sled again in a heartbeat! :Rockon:

I Have a 2008 RTX im 18 and i havent had any probloms with mine yet i beat the piss otta it 2 in 1 1/2 weeks i have 1112 miles on it and thats for local trails and the trails in FDL county you need an RTX to handle the trails. but i have to agree with the one guy really bad ice build up on the boards. seems pretty frount end hevy too . when in revers track spins alot. tippy!!

wouldnt trade for any other machine its got lots of pros and cons depends who you are and what style of ridin u like.

Have to say one thing, ridden alot of sleds and this 08 RTX is such a blast, I used to love lake speed but thats boring compared to how fun ditch bangin this. The only thing is it takes a little getting used to cornering the sled like a quad. 100% satisfied.

Back