• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Improvement

baknblk said:
Lakercr how do you like the Cobra track and what studs are you running ?

So far the track seems great. Quieter than a Ripsaw, and way more hook. Don't know about MPH loss up top, but I think it would be negligeable.

No studs.

are you running 121" or longer. I wanted to stretch mine to 128" and put extrovert drivers on what track is the best, I live 200 south of you but do most riding at Duck Mountain , haVE RIPSAW now but they seem to stretch how do you like the cobra? I guess i will take her up to 135 -140 and i don't want it to fly out the back. I saw what happened when a ripsaw broke and came out the back of an Apex at 105, it totalled out the sled. also need one that will hold a lot of studs

tko47 said:
are you running 121" or longer. I wanted to stretch mine to 128" and put extrovert drivers on what track is the best, I live 200 south of you but do most riding at Duck Mountain , haVE RIPSAW now but they seem to stretch how do you like the cobra? I guess i will take her up to 135 -140 and i don't want it to fly out the back. I saw what happened when a ripsaw broke and came out the back of an Apex at 105, it totalled out the sled. also need one that will hold a lot of studs

I'm running a 128" on an F7 skid. This track has about 100 miles on it, and has done most of those miles at or close to WOT. So far, so good, but I can't really reccomend any track to you for this type of running because it is well past the design parameters of any 'stock' track. Overall I'm happier with the Cobra than the Ripsaw, and the best advice I can give you is to pay close attention to your track if you're putting big MPH to it. I check this one a few times a day and before every run when I'm out doing stuff like in the video.

Best thing to do would be to call Camoplast and talk to a engineer there. I can't think og one track they reccomend when going over 130 mph. Mine will do 156 on the DM on the nitrous so I change tracks every year. Better to be safe then sorry and the used ones I produce fetch decent money, they usually look new. This year I didn't use the nitrous so my predator will get one more year then I'll be looking for next thing. I love this track though you can tell its much different then the ripsaw I replaced.

Lakrcr- you must be moving I don't have aerodymanic issues except for the windshield laying flat at high speed LOL

when that track flew out of that Apex it broke the track driveshaft, the secondary shaft , exploded the chaincase and the tunnel was touching the ground where you put your feet and 2 feet in the air where the snowflap used to be,just bent the tunnel like a beer can. Like tires someone needs to build a track that is Z-rated :jump:

kinger said:
Best thing to do would be to call Camoplast and talk to a engineer there. I can't think og one track they reccomend when going over 130 mph. Mine will do 156 on the DM on the nitrous so I change tracks every year. Better to be safe then sorry and the used ones I produce fetch decent money, they usually look new. This year I didn't use the nitrous so my predator will get one more year then I'll be looking for next thing. I love this track though you can tell its much different then the ripsaw I replaced.

Lakrcr- you must be moving I don't have aerodymanic issues except for the windshield laying flat at high speed LOL

I've talked to engineers at Camoplast and the conversation went about how you'd expect...

Kinger - the last set-up we threw at the suspension took care of the lift, all good now.

Back