• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

In way over my head?...

PattyJack

Pro
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2007 Phazer GT
Alright, so about a year ago I posted telling you guys my story of how I had a spill on my phazer, where I hit a piece of re-bar sticking out of some concrete. I buckled up my right top a-arm and my right spindle plus two or three bolts throughout. So since then I've purchased the parts I needed for that whole deal.

In the process I went head first into my gauge pod, giving it quite a smack, causing the display to go blank for about an hour. It eventually came back to life and seemed to function perfect. The problem is, it is now flashing error codes 1 & 2. I have searched the wiring for quite some time and have found a small worn spot on one of the wires. It is a small black braided line that comes from the throttle side down where a rubber sleeve is covering the connections. I could get a picture if it would help any. I'm just wondering about what some opinions on what it may be. I hope it is simple because I am a high school student, with a limited budget (part time job) so I really hope the gauge pod is working correctly. Its functions seem to be fine.

Also, in the process of disassembling the sled I by mistake pulled the throttle body from the engine. Should I not fool with this because of the fuel lines and throttle cable and so on, and get a technician to look at it or should i be fine disconnecting everything so I can re-clamp it on.
Sorry for the long winded rant, but I am trying to learn as I go, so I am able to fix my own sled. Thanks guys! :rocks:

That's how you learn. Take lots of notes, and lots of pictures. One step at a time. You'll get it.

PattyJack said:
Alright, so about a year ago I posted telling you guys my story of how I had a spill on my phazer, where I hit a piece of re-bar sticking out of some concrete. I buckled up my right top a-arm and my right spindle plus two or three bolts throughout. So since then I've purchased the parts I needed for that whole deal.

In the process I went head first into my gauge pod, giving it quite a smack, causing the display to go blank for about an hour. It eventually came back to life and seemed to function perfect. The problem is, it is now flashing error codes 1 & 2. I have searched the wiring for quite some time and have found a small worn spot on one of the wires. It is a small black braided line that comes from the throttle side down where a rubber sleeve is covering the connections. I could get a picture if it would help any. I'm just wondering about what some opinions on what it may be. I hope it is simple because I am a high school student, with a limited budget (part time job) so I really hope the gauge pod is working correctly. Its functions seem to be fine.

Also, in the process of disassembling the sled I by mistake pulled the throttle body from the engine. Should I not fool with this because of the fuel lines and throttle cable and so on, and get a technician to look at it or should i be fine disconnecting everything so I can re-clamp it on.
Sorry for the long winded rant, but I am trying to learn as I go, so I am able to fix my own sled. Thanks guys! :rocks:

Nothing scary about id, Disconnect the plugs and put it back in. If you look last year I posted some pics about engein replacement should have some details about it in there I think

Alright thanks, I'll take a look! Yeah, I'm trying to find out what these codes are. I'm starting with trying to find a short in the electrical system. Then I'll test the plugs for a disconnection. Then if all that fails, its a malfunction in the gauge pod :(

Don't forget to check the warp coils and the phase modulation of the plasma conduits.

Sorry man i just had to do that! lol

Haha, I'm only just realizing the complexity of that post. Its funny when I speak to my ski doo friends about what I am doing with my sled, and they just say " man , I just have a needle that goes up and down.. :S" Sounds like something out of star trek haha.

You might want to re-modulate the phaze coils as well...or modify the plasma injectors...worked for me.

take some of that limited budget and buy a shop manual - best thing for your education in maintaining your sled :Rockon:

Any specific ones you recommended, or are they all quite similar. Ebay has almost a hundred of them so I'm not sure what to pick.

Back