• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Increase your mpg

I'm at 2200 miles and fuel mileage has been increasing steadily. Just finished a 730 mile trip with 6 guys including 2 800 Etecs, Axys 800, Cat 800. I got the 2nd best mileage averaging between 12 and 15.7. The Cat and Poo were the worst around 10. We rode fast and hard.

I'm at 2200 miles and fuel mileage has been increasing steadily. Just finished a 730 mile trip with 6 guys including 2 800 Etecs, Axys 800, Cat 800. I got the 2nd best mileage averaging between 12 and 15.7. The Cat and Poo were the worst around 10. We rode fast and hard.

Is mileage the only thing accounting for the increase in mpg?

i have 2400 miles and i average 10.2 the best i have got is 12.3

lol ..allot is at the discretion of your thumb...we did 200 on saturday and a good portion was riding the tops of 1-2 footers at 70 plus mph....that sucked it down....then long straights and easy throttle 40-50's mileage went way up...

and as miles go up...things loosen up and will get better....slides wear...etc

Well after 470 miles the last few days I'm up to 1120 miles. I saw consistently 11.5 miles give or take a few tenths. Riding was a mix of rough and groomed trails through out the wooded trails of tug hill so not really wide open pulls, mostly mid range throttle. Then the next day went a little north of the hill where things got more wide open and were flat and fast, lots of wide open pulls and milage was the same either way. Happy to hear some of you are seeing good milage 13+ but so far not me.

First time I kept track of mpg was today. 14 on the nuts.

I'm not seeing great mileage on mine but only have 450 miles on it. The mileage does vary depending on conditions but what I found was that it was always much harder than the Apex I was travelling with.

I know trail conditions effect mpg
But I have no complaints
Two weekends ago hard pack trails 128miles light never came on

I know trail conditions effect mpg
But I have no complaints
Two weekends ago hard pack trails 128miles light never came on
Wow that's awesome. Talked to a friend of mine who runs the thunder cat and he was getting close to 140 miles to a tank. I'm closer to 100. Maybe 110. Might get better as I put more miles on.

We have 2 winders and a thundercat in our group
a couple of good tank burps, start the motor then a couple of throttle blirps and very had a mileage issue

See that is BS, no reason the machine shouldn't get 13 on the low end of things.
Believe it or not,most tuned up turbos sleds will increase gas milage,and more miles on sled and chassie will also help. My 13 turbo kitty with TD stage 4 tune mostly running map 1 205hp would average 13-16 of course snow conditions help,i have seen 17 on hard snow,wish I could of seen that good of belt life lol.

I am stock running the XYZ clutch kit(stage 1) and I saw 2 mpg increase after kit. IT is much cripser in the trails as well. Started by seeing 11 mpg per tank on same trails was 13 and 13.5 after. With less throttle needed to run at speed( I beleive the weights and spring are key to this) you are running less RPMs at higher speeds and slightly higher RPMs at lower speeds that keeps the turbo spooled. This is much better by making more power at lower throttle positions and not over luggin the motor off bottom. Just my observations so far.

Back